Why you’ll love this super-easy creamy red pepper sauce recipe
- Flavor packed and with only 3-ingredients it’s ready in about 5-minutes, what’s not to like?
- Use it as a dip for chips & crackers, to slather on burgers or sandwiches, or as a sauce for bowls or salads.
- It’s on of our favorites of our homemade sauce and dressing recipes that will fit just about any dietary requirement.
- Use a jar of roasted red peppers or we provide instructions in the recipe notes for roasting your own.
- The roasted peppers give it a bit of a smoky taste while the avocado adds a creaminess you wouldn’t believe.
Soooo good! I just made this sauce to have with dinner tonight, but I can’t seem to stop eating it with a spoon out of the food processor! 🤪 (please don’t judge, it’s just that good!)Angela
How to make dairy-free roasted red pepper sauce
This roasted pepper sauce is a breeze to make. In fact, you literally only need 5-minutes. Here’s how:
That’s it! About as easy as it gets right?
You can serve it up right away or chill it in the fridge for serving later.
What to do with roasted red pepper sauce
I think this sauce is in our top 3 for versatile sauces (along with this homemade chipotle aioli and our homemade sugar-free BBQ sauce).
It’s so versatile, here are some ways to use it.
- Dipping – for veggies, crackers, etc.
- Veggie bowls
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Don’t forget to leave a quick star rating and review below, we read every comment and truly appreciate your feedback. Also, be sure to browse the rest of our healthy sauces, marinades, seasonings, and dressings to find some other favorites too!
5-Minute Roasted Red Pepper Sauce (Dairy-Free)
- 1 avocado
- 16 oz jar of roasted peppers, drained, Jars may differ in size. See notes for roasting your own peppers.
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Scoop out the avocado meat and place all of the ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender and blend/process until smooth. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- If you’d like to roast your own peppers, follow these steps:
- Remove the stem and seeds from 2 bell peppers and cut them into chunks.
- Place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and roast at 42° Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes, or until soft and starting to blacken on the edges.
- Allow to cool and use the roasted peppers in the recipe above.
Soooo good! I just made this sauce to have with dinner tonight, but I can’t seem to stop eating it with a spoon out of the food processor! 🤪 (please don’t judge, it’s just that good!)
Hehe!! We love hearing that! Thanks so much for trying another one of our recipes! 🙂
I want this like now! Thank you for the great recipe – going on my menu plan!
It’s really great! You will love it! Let us know how it goes once you make it. Thanks for visiting! 🙂
This is definitely YUMMY! I make it almost exactly the same ~ I roast my own peppers on the grill and leave in a covered bowl to cool and then remove the skins. You’re right.. the colour varies with the peppers used, of course.. and YES the 5 minute sauce is longer ..more like an hour, with the grilling! Same amazing taste though.. It’s a perfect match.
Avocado + Peppers + Garlic! and yes… we put that ………..on everything !!
Bravo ~ so yummy!!
We love that you roast your own peppers on the grill! I bet it adds just that extra touch of smoky goodness! Love hearing that you put it on everything, too! It is really so delicious on so many things…all proteins, veggies, plantain chips, etc. Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave your comment! 🙂
Wait, this sauce has avocado in it?? Yum! I just picked up a jar of those peppers yesterday at TJ’s- they are so good! This sauce looks amazing and homemade is always the best.
YES!!! The avocado adds a creaminess that is just so perfect! Sounds like we posted this one at the perfect time for you! You’ve got the peppers already, and I bet you have avocados and garlic on hand! 😉 Hooray! Let us know if you give it a try!