We all need a little treat every now and then, so we gathered some of the best Paleo desserts out there to share with you in this healthy dessert roundup. No matter what kind of paleo dessert recipe you are looking for, you will find something to love in this post.
What’s your favorite type of Paleo dessert?
We know, desserts like you see below didn’t exist in the Paleolithic era. However, in the modern world we know people eat desserts and we wanted to round up some healthy dessert options to choose from in this post. You can take your pick below from paleo dessert categories like chocolate, no bake, cookies, bars & breads, ice cream, cakes, pies and others.
Jump to your favorite dessert type – just click the link below
A note about chocolate
While a lot of these dessert recipes are labeled as “Paleo”, they may contain ingredients (or links to ingredients) like dairy free chocolate chips or chocolate chunks that contain refined sugars. If you wish for a true Paleo dessert, you need to use unsweetened chocolate. Pascha Brand Organic 100% Cacao Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Chips are a good option we’ve found.
A note about Paleo sweeteners
Paleo sweeteners are a confusing topic, and we don’t want to confuse you any more with this post. Below are links to some good articles to read if you are looking for more information or opinions on this topic.
- Paleo Sweeteners 101 – Paleo Plan
- The 7 Best Paleo Sweeteners – Paleo Leap
- Are Natural Sweeteners Paleo? – Ultimate Paleo Guide
- Paleo Sweeteners – Pete’s Paleo
In our opinion, Paleo sweeteners have their place in the modern world but should be used in moderation to fit your dietary needs and goals. We choose to use minimally processed forms as much as possible. Our favorites are fruit juice, dates, date syrup, raw honey, pure maple syrup and coconut sugar.
Finally! On to the Paleo desserts!
No Bake Paleo Desserts
1. Buckeye Cookies from Paleo Running Momma
2. Neapolitan No Bake Chocolate Tart from Food Faith Fitness
3. Coconut Butter Cups from Real Simple Good
4. Key Lime Cake Bites from The Wicked Spatula
5. Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake from The Movement Menu
6. Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough from The Wicked Spatula
7. Mint Matcha Coconut Butter Cups from Eat the Gains
8. Chocolate Berry Seed Pudding from Healthy Little Peach
9. No Bake Chocolate Macaroons from A Clean Bake
10. No Bake Snickers Cheesecake from A Saucy Kitchen
11. Raspberry Chocolate Chip Edible Cookie Dough from Cotter Crunch
12. Chocolate Almond Butter Breakfast Cookies from Cotter Crunch
13. Paleo Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from Real Simple Good
14. Paleo Vegan Samoa Cookies from Real Food with Jessica
15. Paleo Ginger Molasses Cookies from Ambitious Kitchen
16. Apple Cinnamon Cookies from Real Simple Good
17. Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies from Paleo Running Momma
18. Paleo Nutter Butter Cookies from Real Food with Jessica
19. Paleo Nilla Wafers from Real Food with Jessica
20. Paleo Chai Spiced Cookies from Real Simple Good
21. Grain Free Ginger Molasses Cookies from Recipes to Nourish
Bars + Breads
22. Paleo Vegan Banana Bread from Real Simple Good
23. Fudgy Pumpkin Blondies from Paleo Running Momma
24. Magic Cookie Bars from A Clean Bake
25. Healthy Lemon Bars from Ambitious Kitchen
26. Paleo Zucchini Banana Bread Bars from Ambitious Kitchen
27. Paleo Fig Newtons from Real Food with Jessica
28. Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Bread from Real Food with Jessica
29. Apricot Bars from Wholesomelicious
30. Paleo Caramel Apple Bread from Wholesomelicious
31. Fudgy Paleo Brownies from Real Food with Jessica
32. Paleo Chocolate Cake from Paleo Running Momma
33. Double Chocolate Chip Mug Cakes from Basics with Bails
34. Chocolate Chip Fudge Brownies from Real Simple Good
35. Flourless Chocolate Tahini Brownies from The Movement Menu
36. Chocolate Glazed Donuts from Basics with Bails
37. Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread from The Movement Menu
38. Paleo Brownies from The Wicked Spatula
39. Peppermint Mocha Fudge from Wholesomelicious
ICE CREAM, CAKES, PIES + OTHER
40. Paleo Apple Pie from Paleo Running Momma
41. Blackberry Basil Nice Cream from The Wooden Skillet
42. Paleo Strawberry Cheesecake from The Healthy Foodie
43. No Churn Pistachio Ice Cream from Real Simple Good
44. Gingerbread Donuts from Basics with Bails
45. Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream from A Saucy Kitchen
46. Paleo Carrot Cake from Food Faith Fitness
47. Skillet Blueberry Almond Cobbler from The Whole Cook
48. Salted Caramel Ice Cream from Paleo Running Momma
49. Cherry Creamsicles from Recipes to Nourish
50. Paleo Apple Crisp from Food Faith Fitness
50 Paleo Desserts: Gooey Paleo Brownies
- 1 cup almond butter (or sunflower seed butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp paleo baking powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp grass-fed gelatin (make sure it's gelatin, not collagen peptides or hydrolyzed collagen)
- 1/4 cup allergy-friendly chocolate chips (Optional, get no sugar added for refined-sugar free. We love the brand Pascha and we get it at Thrive Market or recently found Wild Roots brand at Costco, which is sweetened with coconut sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit, and line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add all of the brownie ingredients to a large mixing bowl, except for the water and gelatin and chocolate chips if using.
- In a small bowl, whisk together warm water and gelatin until combined and pour into the larger bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix everything together until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips if using.
- Transfer to lined baking dish and spread out in an even layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 14-15 minutes. It should be a little squishy still when you take it out. Let it cool completely to harden up a bit. Then, slice and serve!