We all need a little treat every now and then, so we gathered some of the best healthy desserts out there to share with you in this roundup. No matter what kind of healthy dessert recipe you are looking for, you will find something to love in this post.
What’s Your Favorite Type of Healthy Dessert?
We love all kinds of treat around here, so have a little bit of everything in this listing. Here’s what you’ll find:
Need I say more? Pick one and get to making it!
What Makes a Healthier Dessert Recipe?
Everyone has their own version of healthy, so here’s what you’ll find in this listing.
- Everything is gluten free + Paleo friendly
- All desserts are made with alternatives to white sugar like maple syrup, coconut sugar, stevia, etc.
- You”ll find many dairy free options.
Feel free to modify any of the recipes to meet your dietary needs!
A Note About Chocolate
While a lot of these dessert recipes are labeled as “Paleo” or “Healthy”, they may contain ingredients (or links to ingredients) like dairy free chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
Many of these can contain refined sugars. If you wish for a true sugar-free dessert, you need to use unsweetened chocolate. Pascha Brand Organic 100% Cacao Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Chips are a good option we’ve found.
The Recipes for Healthy Desserts
We hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we do! It’s nice to be able to indulge every once in a while and still feel good and healthy.
These are some of our recipes mixed in with a bunch of recipes from our favorite healthy food bloggers.
Healthy No Bake Desserts
1. Buckeye Cookies from Paleo Running Momma
2. Neapolitan No Bake Chocolate Tart from Food Faith Fitness
3. Coconut Butter Cups from Real Simple Good
4. Key Lime Cake Bites from The Wicked Spatula
5. Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake from The Movement Menu
6. Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough from The Wicked Spatula
7. Mint Matcha Coconut Butter Cups from Eat the Gains
8. Chocolate Berry Seed Pudding from Healthy Little Peach
9. No Bake Chocolate Macaroons from A Clean Bake
10. No Bake Snickers Cheesecake from A Saucy Kitchen
11. Raspberry Chocolate Chip Edible Cookie Dough from Cotter Crunch
12. Chocolate Almond Butter Breakfast Cookies from Cotter Crunch
13. Paleo Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from Real Simple Good
14. Paleo Vegan Samoa Cookies from Real Food with Jessica
15. Paleo Ginger Molasses Cookies from Ambitious Kitchen
16. Apple Cinnamon Cookies from Real Simple Good
17. Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies from Paleo Running Momma
18. Paleo Nutter Butter Cookies from Real Food with Jessica
19. Paleo Nilla Wafers from Real Food with Jessica
20. Paleo Chai Spiced Cookies from Real Simple Good
21. Grain Free Ginger Molasses Cookies from Recipes to Nourish
Healthy Bars + Breads
22. Paleo Vegan Banana Bread from Real Simple Good
23. Fudgy Pumpkin Blondies from Paleo Running Momma
24. Magic Cookie Bars from A Clean Bake
25. Healthy Lemon Bars from Ambitious Kitchen
26. Paleo Zucchini Banana Bread Bars from Ambitious Kitchen
27. Paleo Fig Newtons from Real Food with Jessica
28. Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Bread from Real Food with Jessica
29. Apricot Bars from Wholesomelicious
30. Paleo Caramel Apple Bread from Wholesomelicious
31. Fudgy Paleo Brownies from Real Food with Jessica
32. Paleo Chocolate Cake from Paleo Running Momma
33. Double Chocolate Chip Mug Cakes from Basics with Bails
34. Chocolate Chip Fudge Brownies from Real Simple Good
35. Flourless Chocolate Tahini Brownies from The Movement Menu
36. Chocolate Glazed Donuts from Basics with Bails
37. Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread from The Movement Menu
38. Paleo Brownies from The Wicked Spatula
39. Peppermint Mocha Fudge from Wholesomelicious
Healthy Ice Cream, Cakes, Pies and More!
40. Paleo Apple Pie from Paleo Running Momma
41. Blackberry Basil Nice Cream from The Wooden Skillet
42. Paleo Strawberry Cheesecake from The Healthy Foodie
43. No Churn Pistachio Ice Cream from Real Simple Good
44. Gingerbread Donuts from Basics with Bails
45. Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream from A Saucy Kitchen
46. Paleo Carrot Cake from Food Faith Fitness
47. Skillet Blueberry Almond Cobbler from The Whole Cook
48. Salted Caramel Ice Cream from Paleo Running Momma
49. Cherry Creamsicles from Recipes to Nourish
50. Paleo Apple Crisp from Food Faith Fitness
Like this Post?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
50 Healthy Desserts: Gooey Brownies
- 1 cup almond butter, (or sunflower seed butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp paleo baking powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp grass-fed gelatin, (make sure it's gelatin, not collagen peptides or hydrolyzed collagen)
- 1/4 cup allergy-friendly chocolate chips, (Optional, get no sugar added for refined-sugar free. We love the brand Pascha and we get it at Thrive Market or recently found Wild Roots brand at Costco, which is sweetened with coconut sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit, and line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add all of the brownie ingredients to a large mixing bowl, except for the water and gelatin and chocolate chips if using.
- In a small bowl, whisk together warm water and gelatin until combined and pour into the larger bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix everything together until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips if using.
- Transfer to lined baking dish and spread out in an even layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 14-15 minutes. It should be a little squishy still when you take it out. Let it cool completely to harden up a bit. Then, slice and serve!