Perfect tender-crisp air fryer asparagus in 10 minutes flat! This easy and healthy side dish is perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t feel like cooking.
How to cook asparagus in the air fryer
Here are the easy steps for cooking asparagus:
- Preheat your air fryer if needed (some models don’t require it)
- Drizzle asparagus with your favorite cooking oil
- Toss with our flavorful seasoning blend
- Air fry the asparagus for 7 minutes and serve!
Looking for more? Check out all of our healthy air fryer recipes!
What to serve with air fried asparagus
For an easy weeknight dinner, we usually pair air fried asparagus with a simple protein like salmon or steak. If you’re looking for other pairing ideas, here are some options:
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken – This one is perfect because you can cook the chicken first and then cook the asparagus while you let the chicken rest.
- Quick + Easy Carne Asada – This steak can be grilled or cooked on the stovetop in a cast iron pan and only takes about 10 minutes to cook.
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks – Another option where you can cook the asparagus while the chicken is cooling.
- Easy Blackened Shrimp – Shrimp cooks quickly so you can prep everything and cook both the shrimp and asparagus in under 10 minutes!
Some options to change up this recipe
This asparagus recipe gets plenty of flavor from the unique seasoning blend, but here are some variations you could use to switch things up:
- Follow the recipe as noted and drizzle the asparagus with some chipotle aioli.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice just before serving.
- Use a flavored cooking oil instead of avocado oil. We love garlic infused olive oil 🙂
- Drizzle or dip in some roasted red pepper sauce.
Your turn to try this easy asparagus side dish
Plan on making this asparagus in your air fryer soon, I know you’ll love it! Maybe it will even become a staple in your house like it has in ours.
If you make this recipe, take a pic to share on Instagram and tag us @realsimplegood so we can check it out! We love seeing you make our recipes and sharing them.
The air fryer we use in our kitchen
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Perfectly Cooked Air Fryer Asparagus
- Preheat air fryer to 400° fahrenheit if your air fryer requires preheating.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss to coat the asparagus.
- Transfer to air fryer basket and cook for about 7 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Once done, remove and serve!