What readers are saying about this recipe
I couldn’t imagine an air fryer pork chop could be as good as one on the grill, but wow, this did not disappoint! It was tender, juicy and full of flavor. We loved it and so easy to prepare.Lori
Need more air fryer ideas? Check out all of our healthy air fryer recipes.
How to Make Bone In Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
Making pork chops in the air fryer is really simple, but you need to be careful so you don’t overcook or undercook them. Here’s how:
- Mix up the pork chop seasoning and sprinkle it liberally on both sides of the pork chops.
- Preheat your air fryer. Even if your air fryer doesn’t automatically preheat, I recommend heating it up for 5 minutes.
- Add the pork chops and watch them carefully after flipping to avoid overcooking.
- If you have one, use an instant read thermometer to check the internal temperature and remove the pork chops when they reach 145° Fahrenheit.
**The cooking time of 16-20 minutes in the recipe below is for bone in pork chops that are approximately 1.5 inches thick. See recipe notes for additional details.
If you love pork recipes, our easy slow cooker pulled pork is a MUST TRY!
A Simple Homemade Pork Chop Seasoning
We usually make our own seasoning blends at home instead of buying pre-made mixes at the store.
For these pork chops, the recipe uses a versatile mix that is made with seasonings you’ll have on hand. All you need is:
- Salt & pepper
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
You’ll be amazed by how much flavor this little spice mixture packs on! It’s perfect for pork chops and great with any cut of beef, chicken and seafood too.
Want more spice mixes? Check out this post for 10 easy DIY spice blends!
What to Serve With Bone in Pork Chops
I love to eat pork chops with a simple side dish like coleslaw, baked potato or roasted veggies. Here are some side dish recipes that would go great with pork chops.
- Rich and Creamy Coleslaw
- Garlic and Sage Brown Butter Mushrooms
- Perfectly Seasoned Roasted Mexican Potatoes
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Garlicky Sautéed Mushrooms and Asparagus
Your Turn To Try This Easy Pork Chop Recipe
Grab a thick cut, bone-in pork chop and give this simple recipe a try! You’ll be amazed by the seasoning mix and how perfectly juicy the pork chops turn out in the air fryer.
If you try it, be sure to leave a rating and comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, we love to see what you’re cooking!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Juicy Air Fryer Bone In Pork Chops
- 2 Bone in pork chops, (about 1.5 inches thick, see recipe notes)
- 1 tbsp ghee, melted, (or butter or coconut oil for dairy free)
For the seasoning:
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Make the seasoning by combing all the seasonings in a small bowl or ramekin.
- Place pork chops on a plate and brush both sides with the ghee. Sprinkle the seasoning mix on both sides of the pork chops.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400° Fahrenheit for a few minutes.
- Transfer the pork chops to the air fryer basket. Cook for 16-20 minutes, flipping halfway. Cook until the pork chops reach a temperature of 145° Fahrenheit.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve immediately.
- The cooking time of 16-20 minutes in this recipe is for bone in pork chops that are approximately 1.5 inches thick. The cooking time will vary based on the size of your pork chops and your air fryer model. Use this time recommendation as a starting point and adjust as needed. Watch your pork chops carefully during cooking to avoid over or under cooking them. I highly recommend using an instant read thermometer.
- Nutrition amounts provided are per serving and an estimate provided for those following a Ketogenic or low-carb diet. See our full nutrition information disclosure here.
Looking forward to trying this. I notice the use of a basket liner (parchment paper?)in the pictures. Is this part of the procedure and why?
Hi! Yes, we do use parchment, cut to fit our basket, because we don’t have a non-stick basket. If you have a non-stick basket air fryer, no need to use parchment. 🙂 Let us know how it goes. 🙂
I couldn’t imagine an air fryer pork chop could be as good as one on the grill, but wow, this did not disappoint! It was tender, juicy and full of flavor. We loved it and so easy to prepare.
Yes, these are so easy and delicious! Thanks for coming back to leave a review 🙂