Why you’ll love this super-quick air fryer recipe
- The cauliflower gets crispy on the outside and has a buttery and salty seasoning blend for maximum flavor!
- Quick and easy is where it’s at. It only takes about 5 minutes of hands-on prep time and 10 minutes in the air fryer at 400° Fahrenheit.
- Great as a fun appetizer or an easy weeknight side dish for any protein.
What readers are saying about it
I recently made this recipe and it was one of the best things I’ve had in a long time! It was so easy to make and it was gone in five seconds. We added the alioli and it was a great addition but this is also super yummy without any sauce. I have already been asked for the recipe and gladly passed it on. SO GOOD!!!!Allison
RELATED ->> Check out all of our healthy air fryer recipes.
How to make air-fried cauliflower (step-by-step)
This is a super easy recipe that requires just a little bit of prep.
- First, preheat your air fryer to 400° Fahrenheit. Then, follow the steps below:
Some notes on the ingredients
- Cauliflower – Chop it into medium-sized florets and try to get them about the same size. You could also use pre-cut florets from a bag.
- Ghee – Provides some buttery flavor and helps the seasonings to stick. You can substitute regular butter (if you eat dairy) or other cooking oil like olive oilif desired.
- Nutritional yeast – This flaky and delicious topping gives some “cheesy” taste to the cauliflower.
- Arrowroot starch – Helps to coat the cauliflower and give the outside that little bit of crispy texture.
- Seasonings – Chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika and salt. An addicting combo when paired with the other buttery/cheesy flavors.
Serving options for this healthy air fryer recipe
This air fryer cauliflower is a delicious Paleo, Whole30 and Keto option for a snack, appetizer, or paired with a protein for a complete meal.
We especially like serving it up with some of our Chipotle Aioli and a little squeeze of lime, but it would also be great with some Big Mac Sauce!
Here are some recipes that would go great with some air fried cauliflower on the side:
- MEXICAN TACO MEATLOAF
- QUICK AND EASY CARNE ASADA
- HEALTHY, OVEN-BAKED CHICKEN CAPRESE
- KETO SALMON PATTIES
- SAUSAGE STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
What if I don’t have an air fryer?
Really – what are you waiting for? We have the Instant Brand Vortex Air Fryer and love it!
But if you don’t have one, you can easily make this recipe in the oven. Just place the cauliflower on a sheet pan and bake it at 400° Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.
It won’t get as crispy as it will in the air fryer but you’ll still get bold flavor from the seasoning blend.
More easy appetizers + snacks
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out these healthy snacks and appetizers next:
We hope you love this air fryer recipe as much as we do!
Don’t forget to leave a quick star rating and review below, we read every comment and truly appreciate your feedback. Also, be sure to browse the rest of our healthy air fryer recipes to find some other favorites too!
Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower (15-Minutes Flat!)
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp ghee, melted, (or other cooking oil of choice)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Chipotle aioli
- Fresh chimichurri sauce
- Fresh squeezed lime juice
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the air fryer (if yours preheats) to 400° Fahrenheit and make the seasoning blend. Just combine all the seasonings in a small bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Chop cauliflower into florets and place in a bowl.
- Add melted ghee. Toss to coat the cauliflower. Add the seasoning blend and toss again to coat.
- Place cauliflower in air fryer in an even layer with a little space between pieces. Avoid overcrowding your basket and cook in batches as needed.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes. The cauliflower will be tender with crispy browned edges when it's done.
- While cauliflower is cooking, prepare any optional toppings.
- Once done, serve warm with any desired toppings, like our chipotle aioli. Enjoy.
Would this be good at room temp if I take it to a gathering?
I’ve had it cold and the taste is good but it won’t maintain its crispness at room temp. Another great option for serving room temp is this cauliflower hummus.
I don’t have an air fryer but I do have a convection oven. Would that be better than baking?
Yes, an air fryer is basically just a small convection oven. You can try these for the same cooking time in a convection oven.
AMAZING!! I LOVE all your recipes!!
Thanks Rachel, glad you enjoyed this one! We really appreciate you coming back to leave a review and rating 🙂
This was the very first recipe I tried in my new air fryer this week, and it was delicious! Easy and quick (after the florets are cut up) and has the added benefit of being guilt-free yumminess.
I posted a photo to Instagram earlier this week; hope you got it.
Thanks for sharing and I’m glad you enjoyed the recipe! We really appreciate you coming back to leave a rating and review and sharing on IG 🙂
Such a fun, easy, new way to prepare cauliflower. I left mine in a little longer than 15 to get a little darker and crispier. I also didn’t have a whole head of cauliflower, so I threw in some brussel sprouts too. They turned out perfectly crisp too and went great with the cauliflower.
Adding in some brussels sprouts sounds like a good idea, we’ll have to try that. Glad you enjoyed the recipe and we appreciate you coming back to leave a rating and review 🙂
I recently made this recipe and it was one of the best things I’ve had in a long time! It was so easy to make and it was gone in five seconds. We added the alioli and it was a great addition but this is also super yummy without any sauce. I have already been asked for the recipe and gladly passed it on. SO GOOD!!!!
Thanks Allison, I’m so happy to hear that you loved the recipe! Thanks for sharing it too 🙂