Did you know that you can cook frozen chicken breasts in the air fryer? There’s no need to thaw the chicken, just toss it in your air fryer straight out of the freezer. It’s a quick and easy way to cook juicy chicken breasts!
How to Cook a Frozen Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer
It’s really pretty simple, but here is an overview of the steps:
- Preheat your air fryer. Even if it doesn’t preheat, manually set it to 400° to preheat for a few minutes.
- Grab your frozen chicken breasts and add them to the air fryer to cook.
- While the chicken cooks, make the simple sauce.
- Flip the chicken after 15 minutes.
- Brush the sauce on during the last few minutes of cooking.
Looking for more? Check out this listing of easy and tasty air fryer recipes!
How Long to Cook Frozen Chicken Breasts in the Air Fryer
Depending on the size of your chicken breasts, they will take around 20-30 minutes, to cook from frozen in the air fryer. Here are some tips:
- Size matters – Large, thick chicken breasts will take longer to cook. Try and find breasts that are approximately the same size to ensure even cooking. We tested with various sizes of breasts and noted times typically between 25-40 minutes depending on the size. Shoot for smaller breasts if you want them to cook in under 30 minutes.
- Temperature – I highly recommend checking the internal temperature of the chicken with an instant read thermometer to ensure the chicken is fully cooked to 165°.
- No thaw – You can cook the chicken from completely frozen! If your chicken breasts are stuck together, submerge the package in warm water for about 5 minutes. Then, open them up and carefully pry the breasts apart with a fork or knife.
The Easy Chicken Breast Sauce
This recipe has an easy sauce that coats the chicken and adds some ridiculously delicious flavor. If you’re thinking this is a boring chicken breast recipe – think again.
Just whip up the sauce while the chicken is cooking and brush it all over the chicken during the last 4-5 minutes of cooking. It will coat the chicken with a warm and flavorful glaze.
Note – Please follow the recipe instructions. Don’t add the sauce at the beginning of cooking, it will burn and char.
Other Frozen Foods Made in the Air Fryer
The air fryer is amazing at turning frozen food into a delicious meal – quickly! Try these out:
Or just browse all of our air fryer recipes!
Go Make This Easy Frozen Chicken in the Air Fryer
If you ever forget to thaw out chicken for dinner, remember this recipe! It’s a quick and easy way to get some juicy chicken breasts from frozen to your plate in around 30 minutes.
If you try it, be sure to leave a rating and comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, we love to see what you’re cooking!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Juicy Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breasts
- Cooking oil spray, (for the basket, optional)
- 3 frozen chicken breasts, (of the same approximate size)
- Make the sauce by adding all of the sauce ingredients to a bowl and mixing well.
- Preheat air fryer to 400° Fahrenheit. Even if it doesn't have a preheat function, preheat it for a few minutes.
- If desired, spray your air fryer basket with cooking oil. Place the chicken breasts in the basket.
- Set the breasts to cook for a total of 30 minutes (you'll flip them after 15 minutes).
- After 15 minutes of cooking, flip the breasts.
- Cook for another 10-20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° in the thickest part of the breast.
- In the last few minutes of cooking, brush the sauce on both sides of the breasts. Don't brush it on too early, as it will burn after a few minutes. Alternatively, you can brush the sauce on after the chicken is completely cooked.
- Remove the chicken and serve.