Why you’ll love easy air fryer this recipe
- You get crispy, perfectly seasoned sweet potato fries straight from the freezer to the table in 25-minutes!
- These crunchy fries are perfect to pair with burgers, chicken nuggets, or my personal favorite – crispy chicken wings.
- Just toss them in the air fryer, stir a couple of times while cooking and you’ll have the easiest ever sweet potato fries that are crunchy on the outside and soft and tender in the middle.
- Don’t forget the sweet potato fry dipping sauce! You could also try some big mac sauce or zesty chipotle aioli.
- Sweet Potato Fries – Any pre-cut frozen fries will do, like Alexia or Whole Foods 360 brand. Regular or crinkle cut fries will both work.
- Seasonings – The additional seasonings are optional, as most frozen sweet potato fries already have some seasonings on them. It’s your choice!
- Salt – Wait until after the fries are cooked and add any salt to suit your taste.
Cooking tips from an expert home chef
- Be sure to preheat your air fryer. If you don’t you’ll have a longer cooking time.
- Stir the fries quickly (or shake the basket) at 5 minute intervals to ensure even cooking.
- Watch them carefully around the 15-minute mark and remove them when they are cooked to your liking. Leaving them in the air fryer just a few minutes too long can burn the fries.
- Prep your sweet potato fry dip while the fries are cooking so you’re ready to dig right in!
More straight from the freezer air fryer recipes
- Juicy Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breasts (No Thaw)
- Easy Air Fryer Frozen Salmon
- Crispy Air Fryer Hash Browns (From Frozen)
- Buffalo Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
If you try this recipe, please share some love!
Don’t forget to leave a quick star rating and review below, we read every comment and truly appreciate your feedback. Also, be sure to browse the rest of our healthy air fryer recipes to find some other favorites too!
25-Minute (Air Fryer!) Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 bag frozen sweet potato fries , (15-20oz bag)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400° Fahrenheit. Even if your air fryer doesn't preheat, set it to 400° and let it heat up for 5 minutes.
- If you're using the optional seasoning (see notes), combine the garlic powder, onion powder and smoked paprika in a small bowl or ramekin.
- Dump the frozen sweet potato fries in a bowl and drizzle with the avocado oil. Toss to coat. Add in all of the seasoning mix to in the bowl and toss/mix to distribute the seasonings evenly all over the fries.
- Spread the fries out in a thin, even layer in the air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook in 2 batches.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring quickly every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Remove the fries when they are completely cooked through and getting crispy around the edges. Serve immediately.
- Most frozen sweet potato fries are already seasoned. Even if they are, you can add the additional seasoning for extra flavor (this recipe was tested that way). We recommend reading the ingredients on your frozen french fries to decide. The seasoning is optional as noted.
- It’s recommended to wait until after the fries are cooked and add any salt to suit your taste.