Perfectly cooked, juicy turkey burgers in the air fryer in around 20 minutes! The air fryer is the easiest and best way to make simple, healthy turkey burgers.
Making turkey burgers in the air fryer
Cooking turkey burgers in the air fryer helps them stay nice and juicy! They cook quickly and it locks in the seasonings and juices while it cooks. Here are the steps:
- Preheat your air fryer (even if yours doesn’t preheat, it helps to cook the burgers evenly and quickly)
- Add all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix lightly to incorporate
- Form the ground turkey into patties
- Place burgers in the air fryer to cook for 12-14 minutes, flipping halfway
- While the burgers cook, prep your toppings
- Build your burgers and enjoy every delicious bite!
- Mix the ingredients lightly – Over-mixing will turn the turkey tough and rubbery, mix just enough to get everything spread throughout the turkey.
- Oil your hands – Ground turkey can be sticky, so add a little oil to your hands before forming the patties and they won’t stick to your fingers.
- Coconut aminos – You can substitute soy sauce or liquid aminos, but you’ll only need about 1 tsp as they are much saltier than coconut aminos. Or, try out our DIY coconut aminos substitute.
- Chipotle powder – Can be very spicy, adjust to suit your taste. Can also omit completely or substitute chili powder.
Why you’ll love these air fryer turkey burgers
Simple – Only 5 ingredients and they are prepped and on the table in about 20 minutes!
Versatile – You can switch up the toppings, add some cheese or bacon aioli sauce, or even turn them into burger bowls!
Healthy – With clean, straightforward ingredients, these turkey burgers taste great and are the perfect healthy burger option.
- Air fryer potato wedges
- Tomato watermelon salad
- Rich and creamy coleslaw
- Pesto potato salad
- Easy pan fried plantains (perfect for dipping in some chipotle aioli sauce)
Your turn to try this easy air fryer recipe
Heat up your air fryer and cook up these juicy burgers soon! You’ll be amazed by the flavor from the simple ingredients and how easy it is to get perfectly juicy turkey burgers in the air fryer.
If you try this recipe, make sure to leave a rating and review below. Also, snap a photo or video to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood so we can check it out. We love to see what you’re cooking!
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers (Perfect Every Time!)
- Gluten free buns or lettuce buns
- Caramelized onions
- Microgreens and/or lettuce
- Chipotle aioli
- Preheat air fryer if needed to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Combine all of the patty ingredients in a large mixing bowl with your hands and form into 4 patties. Make sure they're even and about 1/2" thick.
- Add patties to your air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes. Flip and continue cooking for another 6 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
- Serve with GF buns or lettuce buns and your favorite toppings. Some ideas are listed above!