5 reasons you’ll love these cookies
- They’re low carb and even egg free, so they fit just about any diet.
- Chewy and sweet, you’d never know that they are a healthier homemade dessert option.
- Ready from scratch in around 20 minutes flat.
- With only 2 net carbs per serving, they are a keto diet friendly recipe.
- Even if you’re not eating low carb, these cookies are a treat for everyone!
Erythritol – this low glycemic sweetener is my favorite for sweetening keto treats because it has a taste and texture like regular sugar.
Gelatin – this is a low-carb thickener that replaces eggs.
Ghee – creamy and buttery, this is a great option for cookies (regular butter would work too).
Chocolate chips – if you add these in, be sure to use sugar free chips for keto.
More healthy desserts
If you like these cookies, find some more to try in this roundup of healthy cookie recipes!
Tips from an expert home chef
- After the cookies bake, allow them to fully cool before handling them. If you move them while warm they tend to crumble apart.
- Other keto sweeteners like swerve and monk fruit will work for this recipe, but the amounts may vary. Because this is an egg free cookie feel free to taste the batter and adjust as needed.
- Psyllium husk powder is another binder option if you don’t have any gelatin on hand. Just add it in little by little until you get a cookie dough consistency.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Don’t forget to leave a quick star rating and review below, we read every comment and truly appreciate your feedback. Also, be sure to browse the rest of our delicious, healthy recipes to find some other favorites too!
The Best Chewy Keto Almond Flour Cookies
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, (no sugar added for Keto)
- 1/4 cup raisins , (not Keto)
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk almond flour, erythritol, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add nut butter and melted ghee.
- Add warm water and gelatin to a small bowl and mix continuously with a fork or whisk so no clumps form. Remove and dispose of any clumps you can’t get out and then pour into bowl. Mix immediately to combine everything.
- Fold in any optional add-ins.
- Roll into balls and place on baking sheet. Use palm to flatten cookies a bit. Transfer to oven and bake for about 9 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet and then store at room temperature in an airtight container.