I enjoy a little something sweet sometimes, but my taste buds have definitely changed over the years since going Paleo. More recently, I have really enjoyed making low carb desserts. I still get the satisfaction of having a treat, without the blood sugar spikes and crashes, and really my gut feels better, too! These Paleo, Keto + Egg-Free almond butter cookies are a great low carb dessert, and you can add in some other goodies if you aren’t worried about eating low carb!
What if you’re not worried about eating low carb?
These almond butter cookies are still for you! You have some options for where you could take them if staying low carb isn’t a goal. You can add some raisins or sweetened chocolate chips. You could also add some gluten-free oats or shredded coconut for a little more texture, too. Whatever best serves your goals!
What Keto-friendly chocolate chips do you use for these almond butter cookies?
We use the brand Pascha, and we order it from Thrive Market to save some money. They have organic, 100% cacao dark chocolate chips. There are of course other chocolate chips out there, sweetened with stevia that would also be considered low carb, but I don’t personally love the stevia sweetened ones, so I opt for 100% cacao. They are a little bitter and if you don’t like dark, dark chocolate you might be a little put off by them, so go with whatever fits your preferences best.
What else do you get at Thrive Market?
Well, we gets lots there. You can check out this post with our full review on the online retailer and why we love shopping with them. For these almond butter cookies, you can get almost all of the ingredients at Thrive Market. They have lots of Paleo, Whole30 and Keto compliant products that we use in our kitchen often. You can also try Thrive Market for free for 30 days, and also pick a free gift with your first purchase when you sign up with our link! Check it out here!
Some other treats to try
Your turn to try our almond butter cookies
Whether you’re interested in making lower carb treats, need some egg-free baking in your life, or just want to eat some cookies – make these almond butter cookies! Leave a comment below, and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram, and tag us @realsimplegood. Make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. Let’s stay connected!
Almond Butter Cookies (Paleo + Keto)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (no sugar added for Keto)
- 1/4 cup sprouted gluten free oats (GF but not strict Paleo or Keto, could sub shredded coconut)
- 1/4 cup raisins (not Keto)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk almond flour, erythritol, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add nut butter and melted ghee.
- Add warm water and gelatin to a small bowl and mix continuously with a fork or whisk so no clumps form. Remove and dispose of any clumps you can’t get out and then pour into bowl. Mix immediately to combine everything.
- Fold in any optional add-ins.
- Roll into balls and place on baking sheet. Use palm to flatten cookies a bit. Transfer to oven and bake for about 9 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet and then store at room temperature in an airtight container.