Originally published October 19, 2016. Last updated November 23, 2019.
Are you always looking for a new salad idea?! This apple walnut spinach salad is just for you! We know…salad can get boring, so we’re excited to share this Paleo apple walnut salad with you. You’re going to love the slightly sweet, Asian inspired dressing combined with the various textures and flavors in the salad.
Once again, Justin has created a flavor punch with the dressing for this salad! It has olive oil, shallot, apple cider vinegar for a little acidity, honey, coconut aminos and toasted sesame seeds. It is so tasty with a hint of sweet and notes of Asian flavors. You can toss it with your salad right away and serve, or hold the dressing if you’re planning to meal prep this salad over the weekend for the upcoming week. Then, just use a little each day with your salad so your salad doesn’t get soggy.
How To Make It A Filling + Complete Meal
Just pair this apple walnut spinach salad with your favorite proteins to make it a filling and complete meal. It goes especially well with chicken or tuna salad, leftover steak and salmon. But really, whatever you have on hand or is easy to prepare – a hamburger patty, sliced up sausage, etc. It’s going to be great!
Perfect For Meal Prep
If you have leftovers on hand or can make a couple of different proteins over the weekend, you’ll be able to make this salad feel a little different each day by varying the protein you pair it with. No boredom, just lots of flavor and plenty of greens! It’s just one of the reasons we love this apple walnut salad for meal prep. If you’re planning to make this apple walnut salad for meal prep, make sure to keep the dressing on the side and pack a little to go each day with your salad to avoid getting soggy.
Some Other Salad Recipes To Try
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Cheeseburger Salad with Special Sauce
- BLT Salad
- 8 Healthy Salad Dressing Recipes
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Your Turn to Make Our Apple Walnut Spinach Salad
Go for it, and make this apple walnut spinach salad this coming weekend, and then pair it with your favorite proteins for lunch the following week! Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out! Make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already – let’s stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Apple Walnut Spinach Salad (GF, Dairy-Free + Refined Sugar-Free)
For the salad:
- 8 cups spinach
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, shaved
- 2 cups walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 apple, sliced (or diced)
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss to mix.
- Make dressing by adding dressing ingredients to a small bowl or jar and mixing well with a whisk. Toss salad with dressing to coat. Note: To toast sesame seeds, simply add them to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir them frequently to prevent burning and cook until golden brown.
- Serve as a side salad or add some protein on top for a complete meal.