These Paleo + Whole30 Asian pork meatballs are a favorite ground pork recipe of ours, and they are excellent for meal prep or an easy weeknight dinner. We’ve got the perfect Asian meatball sauce to go along with them, too!
These little pork balls are so tasty
These ground pork meatballs are just delicious! They’ve got the perfect combo of savory and sweet. And they really hit the spot, especially when you need a quick and easy meal. The meatballs themselves are flavored with sesame oil, coconut aminos and scallions.
The perfect sauce for Asian pork meatballs
Nothing makes a recipe feel complete like the perfect sauce, which we’ve delivered for these Asian meatballs. It’s a little sweet and sticky and pairs so well with the more savory meatballs. You can also adjust the amount of crushed red pepper flakes to make it more or less spicy.
Tips for freezing meatballs
We love meatball recipes for meal prep because they are easy to freeze and re-heat when you’re ready to dig in. For these Asian meatballs, you have two options.
- Make the meatballs, freeze them, and then when you go to re-heat them, make the sauce. This is our preferred method because the sauce is best right when it’s made.
- Make both the meatballs and the sauce, but freeze them separately. Re-heat and enjoy when you’re ready. You’ll want the sauce separate so that you can re-heat it and enjoy like a true sauce…otherwise it will just get soaked into the meatballs.
What to eat with pork meatballs
We like to keep it simple, so we usually just make a bowl meal with these Asian meatballs. Add some greens and/or roasted veggies, white or cauliflower rice and the meatballs to a bowl. Top with the sauce and enjoy! That’s our go-to, but you can really do whatever works with what you have on hand.
Other Asian ground pork recipes
- PORK RAMEN NOODLES (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO)
- PORK LETTUCE WRAPS – QUICK + EASY (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO)
- SPICY PORK BOWLS (PALEO, WHOLE30 + LOW CARB)
- EGG ROLL IN A BOWL (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO)
- SPICY PINEAPPLE CAULIFLOWER PORK FRIED RICE (PALEO, WHOLE30 + DAIRY-FREE)
- PALEO POTSTICKER NOODLE BOWLS (GF, DAIRY-FREE + SOY-FREE)
Time to try these Asian pork meatballs
Meal prepping or just need an easy weeknight dinner? Make these Asian pork meatballs! Leave a comment and rating below to let us know how it goes. And take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, so we can check it out! We love to see what you’re making.
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Asian Pork Meatballs
For the meatballs:
For the sauce:
- Sesame seeds
- Diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground pork, sesame oil, coconut aminos and green onion. Use your hands to mix and form into golfball-sized balls. You can use a small ice cream scoop if you have one. You should make about 18-20 balls.
- Place the balls on parchment lined baking sheet and transfer to oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking, add all of the sauce ingredients to a saucepan and whisk well to mix and incorporate the flour.
- When the meatballs have about 7 minutes of cooking time left, start heating the sauce.
- Whisk the sauce before turning on the heat to the saucepan. Bring the sauce to a quick low boil and then turn heat down to low to simmer. Simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from the oven. Spoon sauce over the meatballs for serving and top with any other desired toppings like sesame seeds or diced scallions.