A perfect dish for a brunch or something you can make on the weekend to have leftovers in the fridge for breakfast during the week. This bacon, sausage and zucchini casserole is the gift that keeps on giving.
Bacon Sausage and Zucchini Casserole (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 6 pieces bacon, diced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped, (or sub dried)
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped, (or sub dried)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp grass fed butter or ghee, (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- Baking Dish
- Dice bacon and heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add both bacon and sausage into the skillet to cook. Cook both until browned, about 7-8 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, shred the zucchini and chop up the onion, garlic basil & rosemary. Once the sausage is browned and the bacon is just starting to get crispy, remove from the skillet and set aside on a plate for later.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the same pan, sauté your onions and garlic until your onions start to get soft and caramelize, about 5-6 minutes. Add in the mushrooms, zucchini, basil and rosemary and sauté for a few minutes, until the mushrooms are soft. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cooked meat, cooked veggies and salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish using butter or ghee. Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish and place it in the preheated oven. Cook for 30 minutes or until the eggs are firm in the middle.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy.
This seems perfect for a hearty brunch! I’d love for you to share a post at my link up today, if you’re interested! The details are right on my blog under ‘Tell ’em Tuesday’.