Sometimes you just need a little treat to satisfy your sweet tooth. This is one of my favorites for an easy, fun way to have an individual sized dessert. It’s great because everyone can make their own and cater the flavors to their own palate.
We played around one night and made a few different kinds of stuffed, baked apples. All you have to do is core your apples and then stuff them with the flavors of your choice. My favorite ended up being the most simple but we will definitely be trying this again and again with various flavors. Make these baked apples and let us know what other great flavor combinations you come up with!
Here are ours with the stuffings we picked prior to baking in the oven.
And here they are out of the oven and ready for devouring.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Core your apples so there's a deep hole for stuffing with goodies.
- Stuff your apples with the toppings above or others of your choice.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Once out of the oven add more toppings to fit your tastes. We added chopped nuts and salted caramel sauce.
To make the salted caramel sauce:
- While the apples are baking, heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter to your saucepan.
- Once the butter is melted, add the coconut sugar and stir until a smooth sauce begins to form.
- Add a splash of coconut milk and keep stirring.
- Finally sprinkle some salt and mix it in.
- Let the sauce cool just a little so it hardens slightly. It will be ready by the time your apples are finished baking in the oven.
- Drizzle over your apples and sprinkle more salt on top if you'd like.
- Hurry up and eat your apples! They will be spilling over with yumminess!