Why you’ll love this recipe
- This homemade, healthy and delicious beef with garlic sauce is ready from scratch in under 30 minutes!
- The 5-ingredient garlic sauce coats the beef strips and veggies so you’ll love the flavor packed in each bite.
- Serve it over a bed of rice, cauliflower rice or noodles for a healthy meal the whole family will love.
Flank steak – Is the best cut of beef to use for this recipe. It’s tender and perfect for cutting into thin strips against the grain.
Arrowroot starch – Works as a thickener for the sauce. You can substitute corn starch if desired.
Toppings – These are optional, so pick and choose as you wish! We love sprinkling on some sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes add a spicy kick.
Tips from an expert home chef
- Cutting the flank steak against the natural grain in the steak is essential to keep the beef pieces tender.
- Whisk the sauce very well to avoid any clumping. Give it a quick whisk before adding it into the pan because the starch can settle.
- If you don’t want green beans, you can sub any stir-fry veggies you want!
More fast and healthy stir-fry recipes
- Healthy 20-Minute Korean Beef Bowl
- Healthier Black Pepper Chicken
- Easy 25-Minute Salt and Pepper Chicken
- Easy Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry
- Healthy 20-Minute Thai Basil Pork
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Don’t forget to leave a quick star rating and review below, we read every comment and truly appreciate your feedback. Also, be sure to browse the rest of our delicious, healthy recipes to find some other favorites too!
25-Minute Beef With Garlic Sauce
- 1 lb flank steak (or sirloin), cut into small, short pieces
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 3 cups green beans, ends removed
- 2 tbsp sesame oil, divided
For the sauce:
- sesame seeds
- red chili flakes
- sliced green onions
- Prep the flank steak, shallot, ginger, green beans and garlic as noted and set aside.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl or jar until combined.
- Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok. Add the beef pieces and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beef is just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp sesame oil to the pan, along with the shallot, ginger and green beans. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring consistently, until the beans are just getting tender.
- Give the sauce mixture a quick stir to make sure it is mixed up well and then add the sauce mixture to the pan. Stir until the veggies are evenly coated.
- Add the beef back into the pan and mix with the veggies and sauce. Continue to cook for just 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Top with any optional toppings as desired.