This BLT salad is so flavorful you won’t believe it only has 8 ingredients! It’s such a quick and easy meal, it’s sure to become your new go-to Whole30 salad option. Move over boring BLT sandwich, we’ve got crispy romaine lettuce paired with bacon, tomato and a simple creamy dressing to make a healthy BLT salad!
Up Your Salad Game
I have to admit I don’t always get super jazzed about salad. But…if a salad is good, loaded with flavor and satisfying, then I’m totally on board! This BLT salad is exactly that! I actually get excited about putting this BLT salad on our meal planner. It’s a great lunch option that you can easily meal prep over the weekend!
Meal Prep Like A Champ
If you haven’t caught the drift from us yet, we are pretty big proponents of meal prep! It’s been such a game changer and sanity saver in our own life, and we’ve seen first hand how helpful it is for our readers and followers too! We typically make a large breakfast over the weekend that can be re-heated in the morning during the work week, and we also usually make a big meal that provides leftovers going into the week that can be used for lunches. This BLT salad is the perfect meal prep lunch! You can make the full salad and keep the dressing on the side so it stays fresh longer.
Easy Creamy Dressing
The dressing for this BLT salad is creamy, dairy-free and comes together real quick! It’s an herby, creamy ranch-like dressing, and you’re going to love it! It’s a great addition to just about any salad or bowl, so you can use it throughout your week. And thanks to egg-free mayo options like Primal Kitchen, you can even make it egg-free if that’s your thing.
Some Other Salads To Try
Your Turn To Try Our BLT Salad
Go ahead and get your meal prep on this coming weekend! Add this BLT salad to your lunch rotation for a healthy, flavorful and satisfying lunch during your work week. Leave a comment below, and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic and share on Instagram! Tag us @realsimplegood and give us a follow if you don’t already, so we can stay connected!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
BLT Salad (Paleo + Whole30)
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts thighs or tenders, cut into small pieces
- 12 cups romaine lettuce, chopped (or sub greens of choice)
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 pieces bacon, diced
- Salt and pepper
For the dressing:
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 tbsp dill (fresh or dried)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup water
- Cut up chicken and set aside. Cut up lettuce and tomatoes and place in large bowl. Dice bacon.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon, cooking until it just starts to get crispy, about 5-6 minutes. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Reserve 1 tbsp of bacon fat in the skillet and add in chicken to cook, stirring occasionally, about 6-7 minutes. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- While the chicken cools, make dressing by whisking dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or jar.
- To serve, toss lettuce, tomatoes, cooked chicken and dressing in a bowl. Top with bacon bits.