Our backyard is busting at the seams with fresh berries and herbs. Blueberries are my favorite, and they are packed with antioxidants so I’ve been using them in smoothies, desserts, and eating them by the (small) handful. Basically, I just can’t get enough of them! Our basil plant has taken over our herb garden, so I’ve been using it in various recipes as well.
In this blueberry basil smoothie, it is the perfect pairing of sweet and savory. The aroma of the basil is refreshing and the flavor combination is well balanced. This smoothie is also easy to make. All you do is add all the ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.
If you try out this recipe, let us know what you think by leaving a comment below and adding a rating. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram #realsimplegood so we can check it out!
Blueberry Basil Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 frozen banana (I like to cut bananas up into halves or thirds and freeze them for smoothies)
- large handful of fresh spinach
- small handful of fresh basil leaves
- Add all of the ingredients in the order listed to your blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve up these refreshing smoothies. They'll put a smile on your face.