These breakfast meatballs are really easy to make! Using diced bacon and ground breakfast sausage, they’re a good low-carb and keto breakfast option. Just mix all of the ingredients together in one bowl, and bake!
Perfect Keto and Low-Carb Breakfast Option
When you’re looking for an easy breakfast on a keto or low-carb diet, turn to these bacon and breakfast sausage meatballs. They’re packed with flavor and hit the mark for those seeking low-carb, high fat breakfast recipes.
Why We Love Meatballs for Meal Prep
We love meatballs for meal prep because they’re versatile and perfectly portioned out. You can freeze them before or after cooking to help make an easy meal your future self will appreciate.
When you vary what you serve them with, you can make your breakfast feel totally different every day, so you don’t get bored eating the same thing all week. Check out our serving ideas below!
We are masters at meal prep! Check out all of our favorite meal prep recipes!
Breakfast Meatball Ingredients
Bacon and breakfast sausage are great meatball ingredients! Here’s all you’ll need.
- Ground breakfast sausage (or this ground chicken version is great, too)
- Fresh sage
How to Make Breakfast Meatballs
We love how easy this recipe is! Here’s what you’ll do.
- Cook bacon on the stove
- Add sausage to a mixing bowl
- Chop, grate or food process the veggies
- Add them to the bowl with the sausage and bacon and mix
- Form into meatballs with your hands
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes
What to Serve with Breakfast Meatballs
You can make your breakfast feel a little different every day by switching up what you serve these breakfast meatballs with. Here are some ideas.
- With scrambled or fried eggs
- Along side bone broth
- Over a salad with fresh greens
- In a bowl with cauliflower rice and greens
Your Turn to Try These Bacon & Breakfast Sausage Meatballs
Whether you’re meal prepping or just want a hearty breakfast, make these breakfast meatballs!
If you try out this recipe, let us know what you think by leaving a star rating and comment below. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram @realsimplegood so we can check it out! We love to see what you’re making!
Bacon & Breakfast Sausage Meatballs
- 8 slices of bacon, diced
- 1-1/2 lb ground breakfast sausage, (we used our homemade country breakfast sausage because we freeze it in 1 lb batches so it’s ready to go)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 10 mushrooms, diced
- 1 large parsnip, shredded
- 8 sage leaves, finely diced
- Over medium-high heat cook diced bacon pieces until they start to get crispy. Remove from heat and place on a paper towel covered plate to cool.
- Place sausage in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- If you are using a food processor, use the grating attachment.
- Put the onion, mushrooms and parsnip through the food processor. Otherwise, if you are doing it by hand, dice the onion and mushrooms and then grate the parsnip.
- Add onion, mushrooms and parsnip to the mixing bowl with the sausage. Add bacon pieces and sage also.
- Preheat your oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use your hands to combine all of the ingredients in your mixing bowl.
- Form the mixture into oversized golf ball sized balls and place them on the lined baking sheet. It should make roughly 14-16 meatballs.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Enjoy these breakfast balls with spinach, kraut and blueberries, or with eggs and spinach. Yum!