Hello breakfast, meet balls.
We laughed so hard over how clever we thought we were with that little play on words that we just had to put it in the post. Seriously though, these breakfast meatballs are so tasty and make for the easiest breakfast.
Just make a batch of these on Sunday and then you’ll have them ready for quickly re-heating in the morning the next few days. They are packed with flavor from the bacon and sausage and they bind together well with the shredded parsnip. I eat them with spinach and sour kraut and find it to be great fuel for my mornings! Also, you just mix everything together in a bowl and then bake them for 40 minutes. Doesn’t get much easier than that!
If you try out this recipe, let us know what you think by leaving a comment below and adding a rating. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram #realsimplegood so we can check it out!
Breakfast Meatballs (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- Over medium-high heat cook diced bacon pieces until they start to get crispy. Remove from heat and place on a paper towel covered plate to cool.
- Place sausage in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- If you are using a food processor, use the grating attachment.
- Put the onion, mushrooms and parsnip through the food processor. Otherwise, if you are doing it by hand, dice the onion and mushrooms and then grate the parsnip.
- Add onion, mushrooms and parsnip to the mixing bowl with the sausage. Add bacon pieces and sage also.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use your hands to combine all of the ingredients in your mixing bowl.
- Form the mixture into oversized golf ball sized balls and place them on the lined baking sheet. It should make roughly 18 meatballs.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Enjoy these breakfast balls with spinach, kraut and blueberries, or with eggs and spinach. Yum!