Sometimes it is nice to have a breakfast already prepared, just waiting in the fridge to be re-heated. It can really make the morning so much easier, and less stress in the morning always makes my day better! These breakfast pepper rings are the perfect make ahead breakfast for your busy work week!
Fight Hanger With Breakfast Pepper Rings
These breakfast pepper rings have come in handy since we got our cute little puppy, Sadie! We have been getting up early and taking her for a walk every morning. This is great, but it means we get up and then walk and are famished by the time we get home…and we both have a tendency to get a little hangry, which is definitely not good for anyone. You know what mean…Anger induced by hunger. The struggle is real. It has been a lifesaver having breakfast all cued up, just waiting for us to get back to re-heat it. Any little bits of hanger that creep up during our walks are quickly sent packing.
Quick, Easy + Delicious
These breakfast pepper rings are quick and easy to put together with simple ingredients, and then you just have to bake them for about 30 minutes to get the egg fully cooked. We like to make them on a Sunday, so they are in the fridge all ready to be eaten up, starting Monday morning. I mean seriously, anything to make a Monday feel like less of a burden. Am I right?
It’s almost time to start planning for next week. Get these breakfast pepper rings on your meal planner, and make a pan on Sunday! Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Then, take a photo, and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Breakfast Pepper Rings (Paleo, Whole30, + Dairy-Free)
- 2 bell peppers, - tops and seeds removed
- 6 eggs
- 2 pre-cooked sausages, - chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, - roughly chopped
- 1/4 red onion, - roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 large handfuls greens, (we love spinach, chard, or kale)
- Optional topping - roasted pepper sauce
- Start by slicing your peppers into rings about 1/2 inch thick. You should get about 3 rings per bell pepper, totaling 6 rings. Place your rings in a glass baking dish and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, in a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk your eggs. Then, add your chopped sausage, mushrooms, red onion, salt, and pepper. Stir around until the eggs have coated the rest of the ingredients.
- Place some greens in the bottom of each pepper ring to create a little bowl for your eggs. Then, pour the mixture into each of the rings. They will be overflowing and egg may fill the bottom of the pan.
- Place your pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the eggs are fully cooked.