We love eating breakfast for dinner, and we love pizza, so this breakfast pizza is pretty much destiny. I mean seriously, are breakfast and pizza not your favorite things too?!
It’s All About the Experience
We love creating fun and flavorful dishes that don’t take too long to make. This recipe is great because if you have a little extra time, you can make your own Paleo-friendly pizza crust. It is really not too hard at all, and it only adds about 25-30 minutes! Lately, we have been making our own crust and find it so enjoyable! It is the experience of making the dough from scratch, spreading it out on a pan or pizza stone, cooking it, and then topping it with your favorites. Each bite tastes so good!
Sometimes there just isn’t an extra half hour in the day, but we really want breakfast pizza, so we have a few time savers to make this a breeze. First, if you are short on time, and don’t mind paying a little extra, you can use a naked crust from Cappello’s. It comes pre-made and frozen. All you do is layer your toppings and stick it in the oven. Voila! Seriously, it is almost too easy! Second, to speed things up you can use an already cooked breakfast sausage and just break into smaller bite-sized chunks. Or, you can just plan to make this when you have leftover sausage in the fridge. We like to plan like that to maximize the use of leftovers.
Breakfast Pizza For The Win
It is no surprise breakfast pizza is a hit! It is the best of the best! The breakfast sausage and eggs, combined with the tomato sauce and pepperoni are perfectly spectacular. I doubt I even need to say more. Just go make yourself one of these breakfast pizzas, and let the flavors do all the talking!
Go ahead, make a breakfast pizza and discover your new favorite thing! Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Breakfast Pizza (Paleo, GF + Dairy-Free)
- 1 pizza crust (either make it with our recipe or purchase a naked crust from Cappello's)
- 1 jar sugar-free tomato based pizza sauce
- 2 big handfuls of greens (we love arugula or spinach)
- 1 package pepperoni (look for a brand without sugar added)
- 1/2 lb cooked breakfast sausage (you can buy pre-cooked and just break it up into smaller pieces or make your own with ground pork and our recipe)
- 1 cup mushrooms - sliced into thin pieces
- 1/4 pieces onion - sliced into thin
- 3-4 eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh basil - chopped into ribbons
- Either start by making your pizza crust or pull your frozen crust out of the freezer.
- Also, either make your breakfast sausage or break your already made sausage into small pieces.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- If you made your crust, it is already on a baking sheet or pizza stone. If you are using a Cappello's crust, you don't need to put it on a baking sheet. It can go directly on the oven rack.
- Layer your toppings in the order of the ingredients listed above, starting with the tomato based pizza sauce, reserving the fresh basil for the very end to garnish. You'll just crack your eggs right onto your pizza.
- Once topped, place your pizza in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes. If your eggs aren't quite finished cooking to your desired level after 20 minutes, turn the oven to broil and continue to cook for an additional minute or two.
- Remove from oven, and let your pizza cool for a minute or two. Cut your pizza into slices and serve! Enjoy this yummy breakfast pizza for dinner! Or breakfast!