The sun is out, the days are getting longer. Why not make a relaxing mocktail to help you unwind! This CBD infused watermelon mojito mocktail is made with fresh watermelon, mint and cucumber and will have you feeling refreshed and relaxed!
Disclaimer: We partnered with Rosebud CBD to bring you this post. We only work with companies and brands we truly believe in and use ourselves. Therefore, all opinions and recipes are entirely our own. Thank you for supporting The Real Simple Good Life and our partners.
Why put CBD in a mocktail?
We love using CBD for helping us to get better quality sleep and with quelling anxiety and stress. You can read more about that in our post titled Our Experience With CBD For Sleep And Anxiety.
I know it sounds nice to have a cocktail or alcoholic beverage in the afternoon or evening, but do you ever just feel like crap the next day or get terrible sleep?
I notice that especially after having a kid, my body just doesn’t love alcohol. It feels great until I try to sleep. I can fall asleep ok after a drink or two.
Then, I sleep miserably all night long and have to be up with a little early in the morning. So, it’s just not worth it for me anymore.
But…a mocktail infused with CBD…well that’s a whole other story. I love that I can get a dose of calm with a refreshing summery beverage!
And you can pick your CBD dose to tailor it to your needs. I usually do about 25mg. Justin likes more like 60mg.
What CBD do you use?
I started thinking about and using CBD before I got pregnant and knew I’d come back to it when I felt comfortable after our babe arrived. I did a lot of research and tested several brands.
That’s how I found Rosebud CBD, and why I reached out to them to see if they would be interested in being our preferred CBD partner. I’m so glad they said yes!
Not all CBD is created equally, so it’s important to find a brand that aligns with your standards for quality, purity and transparency.
What do you need to make a mojito mocktail?
We love how simple this recipe is! You only need 6 ingredients.
- Fresh mint
- Sparkling water
- Sweetener of choice – we like maple syrup or liquid monk fruit
- CBD oil
Looking for more? Check out all of our healthier beverage recipes!
How do you make a watermelon mojito mocktail?
It’s really simple! Here are the steps.
- Cube your watermelon and then muddle it in the bottom of a glass with the mint. If you’re making more than one mocktail, you can do all the muddling in a bowl and then split into even portions in each glass.
- Fill your glass up with ice.
- Add some cucumber slices to the glass.
- Add sweetener and CBD oil, both amounts tailored to your preferences.
- Fill the glass up the rest of the way with sparkling water.
- Give it a stir and enjoy!
A quick note about cooking with CBD
You might be eager to try adding CBD to all the things. Just a word of caution that heat can reduce the effectiveness of CBD.
Lower heat cooking can be ok, too. Think about things like your morning bulletproof style coffee or matcha latter to help offset the caffeine impacts on your body.
Other summer beverages you could add CBD to
- VANILLA LAVENDER ICED MATCHA LATTE
- PIÑA COLADA SMOOTHIE
- CHOCOLATE CHERRY SMOOTHIE
- HONEY LAVENDER LEMONADE
- STRAWBERRY BASIL WATERMELON AGUA FRESCA
Your turn to try this CBD infused watermelon cucumber mojito mocktail
Whether you’re having company over or just enjoying the sunshine, make this easy watermelon mojito mocktail! Enjoy the calming vibes from the CBD with no negative side effects to your sleep or the next day like with alcohol.
Leave a rating and review below to let us know how it goes. And tag us in a pic on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out! We love to see what you’re making!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
CBD Infused Watermelon Cucumber Mojito Mocktail
- 1/4 cup watermelon, cubed
- 3 leaves fresh mint
- 3 slices cucumber
- sparkling water
- sweetener of choice, to taste
- Rosebud CBD Oil (dose to your preference)
- Muddle your watermelon and mint in the bottom of a glass until it's all smashed and the mint is broken up.
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Add a few slices of cucumber to your glass, CBD and sweetener of choice.
- Fill up the the glass the rest of the way with sparkling water and stir it up.
- Serve and enjoy!