You know when you want a salad, but then nothing sounds good? Well, we love salads and love sneaking all the veggies in, but sometimes a salad just doesn’t sound good. Am I right, or am I right?! This fresh and colorful chicken and beet salad with orange is one that you will enjoy and look forward to! The dressing is amazing and Whole30 friendly, too!
Fresh + Colorful Veggies
It’s crazy how much just adding more color to my plate can make me feel more cheery and bright. Silly, I know, but it’s true! This time of year can start to feel a little drab with the winter weather, and I’ve found that making sure I continue to eat bright and colorful foods helps me to feel more alive. So, for this chicken and beet salad with orange, we’ve made sure to add lots of color and texture!
Justin is soooo good at making yummy dressings and sauces! While the dressing to go with this chicken and beet salad with orange is pretty simple, it’s the perfect combo of flavors to pair with the salad veggies and fruit. You might even find yourself putting the leftover dressing on everything else you eat! It’s the perfect add to any bowl you make!
All The Flavors
You will love the combination of flavors wrapped up in this chicken and beet salad with orange! It’s got some savory, some sweet, red onion, Italian seasonings and creamy avocado. And it all comes together so well!
Some Other Salads To Try
Your Turn To Try Our Chicken And Beet Salad With Orange
Add this tasty chicken and beet salad to your menu this week! It’s full of flavor, colors and textures that will have you feeling excited about salads again! Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, snap a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Mixed Salad with Chicken, Beets and Orange Recipe
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6 cups mixed leafy greens, (chard/kale/arugula/spinach or greens of choice)
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into small chunks
- 2 small beets, peeled and julienned
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, (or sunflower or pumpkin seeds)
- Set oven to broil, and make dressing by combining the dressing ingredients in a bowl or jar with a whisk.
- Grease a sheet pan with oil and place chicken in the pan. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place chicken in the oven to broil for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and flip chicken over and return to oven to broil for another 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Once it is finished, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare oranges, beets, carrot, onion and avocado as noted. Place everything in a large bowl with the mixed greens.
- Once the chicken has cooled, cut it up into bite sized pieces and add it to the bowl. Add the dressing to the salad and toss well.
- Serve salad topped with sliced almonds. Enjoy.