You’re definitely going to want to make this Paleo, Whole30 + Keto chicken burrito bowl! It’s likely to become a weekly staple you put on repeat, and the leftovers are just as good as the day you make it, maybe better! This easy burrito bowl recipe is flavorful and might just remind you of a Chipotle chicken burrito bowl!
Quick + Easy
We love a meal that can be on the table in 30 minutes, and this chicken burrito bowl comes in at just about 25 minutes! It’s quick and easy to throw together, and has ALL the flavor! You can even save a little extra time by buying pre-riced cauliflower. It can usually be found in the fresh produce or frozen aisle of the grocery store. We get ours at Trader Joe’s in the fresh produce section.
All the Fixin’s
While this recipe isn’t super complicated, it still feels like it’s got all the bases covered to maximize flavor and texture! We give you our favorite topping ideas – salsa, chopped red onion, cilantro, mashed avocado guacamole and some fresh lime juice. Got other favorites? Just add them right on top! You can totally make this bowl all your own!
The Best Cauliflower Rice
Justin said he finally cracked the code on cauliflower rice when he first made this recipe, and I have to agree! It’s so dang good! It comes out just right after making it in the same pan as the chicken and scraping up all the extra seasoning and bits to go with it. You’re going to love the flavor and texture of the cauliflower rice in these chicken burrito bowls! Promise!
Some Other Bowl Recipes To Try
Your Turn To Try Our Chicken Burrito Bowl
Go ahead and add this chicken burrito bowl to your meal plan for the week! Then, enjoy the leftovers for lunch at work. All your co-workers will be real jealous! Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram so we can see! Tag us @realsimplegood, and make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already! We’d love to stay connected!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Chicken Burrito Bowl (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
For the seasoning:
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
For the chicken:
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1.5 lbs boneless chicken thighs
- Make the seasoning by mixing the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Season chicken on both sides with seasoning mix.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add avocado oil. Once hot, place chicken thighs in and cook, undisturbed, for 5-6 minutes. Flip and cook another 5-6 minutes until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Prep greens, cilantro, onion, lime and avocados as noted.
- Place avocados, 1/2 of the diced red onion (1/4 onion total) and garlic powder in a bowl. Mix together well, slightly smashing the avocado. Squeeze in a couple of lime wedges. Taste and season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Prepare cauliflower rice by heating the same skillet you cooked the chicken in over medium heat. If needed, add some avocado oil to the skillet. Once hot, add cauliflower rice and salsa and cook, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes until the rice is softened and warm. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Chop chicken into bite sized strips and make your bowls. Start with a bed of greens and add in everything else - chicken, cauli rice, red onion, cilantro, and mashed avocados. Serve with lime wedges.