This chicken skillet with bacon brussels sprouts has tons of complimentary flavors. Garlic and rosemary are one of our favorite combos, and lemon is just a refreshing layer on top. You can’t beat this one pan chicken skillet with bacon and brussels sprouts for an easy weeknight meal you can throw in a cast iron skillet and have ready in about 45 minutes, most of which time you are simply letting it bake in the oven.
Just brown the chicken in the skillet and throw the rest of the ingredients in to cook in the oven.
It is really that simple! And seriously so delicious!
And now on the plate ready to be devoured.
Enjoy this easy, flavorful, one-pan chicken skillet with bacon brussels sprouts. Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Chicken Skillet with Bacon Brussels Sprouts (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- 6 pieces bacon, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can sub bone in, skin on thighs)
- 5 cups brussels sprouts, ends cut off and cut into slices
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 lemons, cut into slices
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or other oven safe pan) over medium heat.
- Cook the diced bacon until it starts to brown and is just beginning to get crispy on the sides. Remove from the skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- While the bacon is cooking, chop your brussels sprouts into slices or thin rounds, slice your lemon into rounds. Chop up your garlic and rosemary also.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt & pepper on either side. When the bacon is done, add garlic to cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place chicken directly on top of the garlic to brown it on each side. It should just take about 5 minutes each side, depending on how thick your chicken breasts are.
- Once the chicken is browned, add your brussels sprouts and rosemary into the skillet. Sprinkle the bacon on top.
- Season the pan with salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer your slices of lemon on top of each piece of chicken.
- Use an oven mitt and move your skillet to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken breasts, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!