This easy pan-fried chili lime shrimp is packed with incredible flavor from the quick homemade sauce with delicious seasonings. Ready in about 10 minutes, this is a healthy recipe you can make anytime for a quick and easy shrimp dinner.
Easy Chili Lime Seasoning and Sauce
Half seasonings, half sauce, this recipe gets a TON of flavor from simple, fresh ingredients.
- Lime juice – Fresh squeezed is a must to get the best lime flavor for the shrimp.
- Olive oil – Balances out the lime and helps coat the shrimp.
- Cilantro – Fresh chopped cilantro and lime just go together perfectly.
- Garlic – Freshly chopped or minced, this shrimp has bold garlic flavor in every bite.
- Seasonings – Chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, red chili flakes, salt and pepper combine to perfectly coat and season each shrimp.
PRO TIP: Check out our post 10 Easy DIY Spice Blends for more on making homemade spice blends.
It’s also a lime shrimp marinade
If you want even more flavor, you can use the sauce in this recipe as a marinade. It’s not required at all, but if you let the shrimp sit in the sauce for a while it will soak up the flavor.
Just follow the instructions to make the sauce and coat the shrimp. Then, simply cover the shrimp and place it in the fridge to marinate for 20 minutes (or up to 2 hours).
Why I Love Pan Seared Shrimp
The best part about making shrimp – it cooks really fast. Just a couple of minutes on each side in the skillet until the shrimp turns pink and you’re good to go!
Pan frying shrimp in a skillet on the stove is the quickest and easiest way to make this recipe. However, they could also be grilled on the BBQ or tossed on a sheet pan to cook (6-8 minutes at 400° Fahrenheit).
How to serve your chili lime shrimp
There are plenty of options for this recipe, here are some easy ideas:
- Served over greens for a healthy shrimp salad
- Dump the shrimp over some cauliflower rice or white rice
- Tacos, tacos, tacos 🙂
- With some zucchini noodles or gluten free pasta
Some Other Shrimp Dinner Ideas
- Easy Shrimp and Broccoli Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Easy Blackened Shrimp Recipe
- Seafood Stir Fry
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp
Your Turn to try This Easy Keto Shrimp Recipe
Even if you aren’t eating low-carb, add this to your meal plan for the week for a quick and easy meal. Let us know how it goes by leaving a rating and comment below.
And take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, so we can check it out! We love to see what you’re making!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy 10-Minute Chili Lime Shrimp
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, (or other cooking oil of choice)
For the sauce:
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Place the shrimp in a bowl and pour the sauce over the shrimp, tossing to coat.
- If you are making the creamy avocado topping, combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor with the chopping attachment. Blend/process until it reaches a smooth consistency. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the avocado oil. Once hot, dump the shrimp and sauce in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve shrimp immediately. If desired you can drizzle with any leftover sauce in the pan and the creamy avocado topping for serving. Serve over greens as a salad, over rice or cauliflower rice or in taco shells.