So it’s the middle of July and you want a burger, but you’re not in the mood for grilling. I get it, it’s warm out there and you don’t want to slave over a hot grill to make dinner. If you are looking for an easy burger for dinner but want a respite from the heat, we’ve got you covered here with these chipotle bison burgers.
Jazz it up with smoky chipotle bison burgers
Since boring old hamburgers seem so plain, we decided to make a smoky, lean bison burger patty topped with peppers, mushrooms, bacon and egg. Enough said? I thought so.
Put an egg (and bacon) on it
Be prepared to be blown away by the amazing array of flavors in these chipotle bison burgers. The smoky chipotle and bacon are a match made in heaven and combine perfectly with a juicy burger and runny egg. The peppers and mushrooms provide an added kick to complete this southwestern-style burger. You could even pair them with our plantain fries for the complete Paleo meal, now that’s a great idea.
Super simple and easy
These juicy burgers are SO easy to make with only 6 ingredients. Plus, they are ready to devour in about 30 minutes! Good news for you – you’ll be back on the couch enjoying air conditioning and watching Netflix before you know it.
Give these chipotle bison burgers a try for a flavorful alternative to a regular hamburger. Let us know how you like them by leaving a comment below, and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood so we can check it out!
Chipotle Bison Burgers (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- 6 pieces bacon
- 1 lb grass-fed bison, (or you can substitute beef)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp chipotle powder
- 3 cups mushrooms, - diced
- 4 small peppers, - sweet mini peppers, banana peppers, etc.
- 4 leaves of crisp green lettuce, - such as romaine
- In a large pan over medium heat, add bacon to cook. Cook until almost crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate. Transfer some bacon grease to a separate medium sized pan to use to sauté mushrooms and peppers with. Leave 1 tbsp in pan for cooking burgers.
- While bacon is cooking, prepare the burgers. In a bowl, mix salt, pepper, chipotle powder and ground bison with your hands until fully incorporated. Form into four evenly sized patties.
- In the large pan over medium heat, add in burgers to cook. Separately, in the medium sized pan over medium heat, add mushrooms and peppers to sauté, stirring occasionally.
- Cook burgers about 4 minutes per side for medium burgers and then remove from heat. Sauté mushrooms and peppers until peppers have browned some and the mushrooms have cooked down quite a bit and then turn heat down to simmer.
- Finally, cook eggs in a small pan to your desired state.
- Plate your bison burgers - first the lettuce leaf, then burger, then bacon, then egg, then mushrooms and peppers.