Basically a combination of scrambled eggs and a breakfast hash mixture, this chorizo and eggs is a flavorful Paleo and Whole30 breakfast option! Delicious chorizo blends with seasoned potatoes and greens for an easy and balanced Whole30 breakfast. It’s bound to become one of your go-to Whole30 breakfast recipes!
CHORIZO IS SO DANG DELICIOUS
The flavors of chorizo are so smoky and rich, I really can’t get enough of it. Have you tried chorizo yet? Are you a little afraid of it? Well I can tell you from experience….you shouldn’t be! We buy Mulay’s brand of chorizo and it’s a really mild version. We love it because it’s not really a hot spicy but has a smoky flavor that is complemented perfectly with just the right seasonings and spices. It’s the perfect chorizo to use for this chorizo and eggs recipe!
KEEP IT SIMPLE
For breakfast, we like to keep things as simple as possible. We cook a lot, so spending a lot of time each morning making breakfast just isn’t that appealing. That’s why we make large breakfasts like this chorizo and eggs over the weekend so we can easily heat it up during the week. Cook once, save time and eat a delicious breakfast all week – sounds pretty good to me!
CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE TOPPINGS
I happen to think that some creamy avocado and a dash of hot sauce goes perfectly on top of this chorizo and eggs, but feel free to add on any toppings you like. Jalapeno anyone? How about some fresh pico de gallo or maybe a little kraut? If you tolerate cheese and eat dairy, a little cheese sounds like a delicious topping too!
SOME OTHER MAKE AHEAD BREAKFAST IDEAS
YOUR TURN TO MAKE THIS CHORIZO AND EGGS RECIPE
Find yourself some chorizo with clean ingredients and whip up this chorizo and eggs for a delicious and hearty breakfast! Add on your favorite toppings to complete the meal however you like. Then, let us know what you think by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Chorizo and Eggs (Paleo + Whole30)
- 1 lb potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground chorizo
- 6 cups greens, roughly chopped (kale, spinach, arugula, etc.)
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 10 eggs
- Hot sauce or salsa (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Chop potatoes as noted and place them on the sheet pan. Drizzle with avocado oil and season with chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread the potatoes out evenly on the sheet pan. Place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion as noted. Heat a large skillet over medium heat (you'll add all of the ingredients to this skillet, so use a big one). Once hot, add in the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chorizo to the skillet. Break it up into small pieces and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chorizo is browned, about 7-8 minutes. Turn heat off until the potatoes are finished.
- While the chorizo is cooking, chop greens, avocados and cilantro as noted. Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk well.
- When the potatoes are cooked, add them to the skillet and turn the heat to medium-low.
- Add in the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are cooked to your liking, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the greens and stir to mix. Cook for 1-2 minutes until wilted. Remove from heat and top everything with cilantro. Serve topped with avocado slices and hot sauce or salsa if desired.