We love shrimp recipes because they tend to be super quick and easy. These Paleo, Whole30 + Keto cilantro lime shrimp bowls come together in under 30 minutes and require little prep. We’ve got some time-saving tips for you, too!
You can shave some time off your prep work by buying already peeled and deveined shrimp. Additionally, you can save time grocery shopping by having your seafood delivered straight to your door. Our friends over at Fish Fixe help to keep our freezer stocked with perfectly portioned, premium seafood, and it makes adding meals like these cilantro lime shrimp bowls onto our weekly meal plan a no-brainer. It’s quick, easy and delicious. We love Fish Fixe for many reasons, but mostly because they deliver seafood that has No Antibiotics, No GMO’s, No Chemicals, and is Sustainably Sourced. And to top it all off, they have really amazing customer service – Mel + Em (the gals behind the company) are truly wonderful! They’re just good people, like the kind you’d want to be friends with and invite to your own table! Save $10 off your first box with the code REALSIMPLEGOOD at checkout!
Cauliflower Rice Tips
We’ve been playing with our cauliflower rice lately and have found that our new favorite way to make it is to cook it in bacon grease or lard to add a little more flavor. We’ve also been loving ricing it ourselves with the S blade in our food processor so the texture is almost like couscous – just be careful not to over-process. It comes out less dense, and fluffier. But…real life. Sometimes we don’t always have the extra time or energy for ricing and the clean up, so we love saving a little time and effort by getting our cauliflower rice already riced at Trader Joe’s. You can find it at other health food stores, too. Look in both the fresh produce section and also the frozen section.
Super Easy Sauce
It just feels like most bowls need a sauce drizzled all over to complete the meal. These cilantro lime shrimp bowls are no exception, and we have go-to sauce at our house that’s SUPER easy to make and just needs two ingredients – mayo and hot sauce. You just mix it together real quick and spoon on top of your bowl! Make as much or little as you’d like, and if you have leftovers it goes great on just about anything!
Some Other Bowl Meal Recipes
Your Turn To Try Our Cilantro Lime Shrimp Bowls
Got a busy week? No worries. Make these cilantro lime shrimp bowls for a quick and easy weeknight dinner! Leave a comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, and give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Bowls (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
For the shrimp:
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined, (we love Fish Fixe)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped, (plus more for garnish)
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- Sea salt and pepper
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
For the rest of the bowls:
- 4 cups cauliflower, riced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, (or for more flavor use bacon grease or lard)
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup coleslaw mix, (green + purple cabbage + carrots)
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Lime wedges, (optional garnish)
- 1 jalapeño, sliced into thin rounds, (optional garnish)
- Peel and devein shrimp if you didn’t buy it that way and pat dry.
- Chop cilantro and zest and juice lime. Set aside and make sauce. Place sauce in the fridge until you serve. Rice cauliflower in a food processor or with a hand grater if you didn’t buy it pre-riced.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp of avocado oil (or bacon grease or lard). Place cauliflower rice in skillet and cook for about 5 minutes until tender. Turn down to low and season with sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp avocado oil. Add shrimp to pan and cook undisturbed for about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until pink and cooked through. Turn off heat and add 1 tbsp of avocado oil, chopped cilantro, lime zest and juice and generous pinches of sea salt and pepper. Toss to coat shrimp.
- Put your bowls together, start with a bed of cauliflower rice, add some coleslaw mix, shrimp, chopped cilantro, avocado slices, optional lime wedges and jalapeño. Drizzle sauce over everything and enjoy!