Our blueberry basil smoothie was so popular, we thought we ought to share another of our favorites! Yes, we still drink coffee on our paleo journey! It’s just something we be both enjoy very much and make an effort to buy organic, fair trade varieties to ensure the beans are high quality. This coffee smoothie is great for a morning on the go. You get a little punch from the coffee, good fats from the coconut milk and a hint of nuttiness (and a bit of protein) from the almond butter.
It’s simple. Add all of the ingredients into your blender in the order listed below and blend until smooth and creamy. It’s that easy, which makes it even better!
If you try out this recipe, let us know what you think by leaving a comment below and adding a rating. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram #realsimplegood so we can check it out!
- 1 cup almond milk (works best if it's chilled in advance and not a new container)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (works best if it's chilled in advance and not a new container)
- 1/2 cup coffee - cold brewed or chilled (don't pour hot coffee into your blender because you won't end up with a smoothie)
- 1/2 to 1 full banana - frozen
- 1 tbsp almond butter - or the nut butter of you choice
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder - optional for a chocolatey addition
Place all of the ingredients in your blender in the order listed above.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
Serve cold and enjoy this lively morning cup!