This dairy-free coffee smoothie is great for a morning on-the-go. You get a little punch from the coffee, good fats from the coconut milk and a hint of nuttiness (and a bit of protein) from the almond butter. And we’ve got some great tips for you for smoothie making and ways you can modify or jazz up any smoothie to fit your needs!
Smoothie making tips
We actually created a full blog post about How to Make Healthy Smoothies. You can read the full post to get some extra tips and ideas. Essentially you want to layer your smoothie with 6 key components, and we always load them up in our blender in the order listed below.
- A Liquid Base – we love coconut milk, coconut water and nut milks for this.
- Fruit – we like to use frozen fruit to help with texture.
- Greens + Veggies – we throw spinach in just about any smoothie, but you can use all kinds of veggies or greens. Cauliflower, kale, beets, etc. There are so many options.
- Protein – we use nut butters, collagen, etc.
- Healthy Fats – avocado, flax seeds, chia seeds, etc.
- Toppings + Other Add-Ins – things like maca, dates, cacao, bee pollen, etc.
When you include all these goods in your smoothies, you end up with a well-rounded and balanced healthy smoothie rather than just a sugary treat. Check out the full healthy smoothie post with the amounts we like to use for each layer of our smoothies.
Using a high powered blender
It really does make a difference, especially when you add veggies to your smoothies. If you’ve ever made a smoothie and ended up with little bits or chunks of spinach or kale in your smoothie, you know what I’m talking about! It’s no good. Nobody wants the texture of veggies in their smoothie, and definitely nobody wants to end up with spinach between their teeth. So…we definitely recommend using a high powered blender – something like a Blendtec or Vitamix – and you’ll get a nice and creamy consistency every time.
Other smoothies to try
- CHOCOLATE CHERRY SMOOTHIE (PALEO, DAIRY-FREE + REFINED SUGAR-FREE)
- PIÑA COLADA SMOOTHIE (PALEO, DAIRY-FREE + REFINED SUGAR-FREE)
- BERRY PROTEIN SMOOTHIE BOWL (GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE + REFINED SUGAR-FREE)
- BANANA ALMOND BUTTER SMOOTHIE (PALEO + DAIRY-FREE)
- PEACH BERRY PINA COLADA SMOOTHIE (PALEO + REFINED SUGAR-FREE)
Your turn to try this coffee smoothie
Whether you’ve got a morning on-the-go, or just want a little refreshing and filling breakfast smoothie, make this coffee smoothie! It’s dairy-free and has no added sugar and will have you feeling satiated and ready for the day! Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on social media and tag us @realsimplegood so we can check it out! We love to see what you’re making! Make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already – let’s stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
- 1 cup almond milk, (works best if it’s chilled in advance and not a new container)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, (works best if it’s chilled in advance and not a new container)
- 1/2 cup coffee, – cold brewed or chilled (don’t pour hot coffee into your blender because you won’t end up with a smoothie)
- 1/2 to 1 full banana, frozen
- 1 tbsp almond butter, (or other nut butter of you choice)
- 1 tsp unsweetened cacao powder, (optional for a chocolatey addition)
- Place all of the ingredients in your blender in the order listed above.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve cold and enjoy this lively morning cup!