A creamy and savory meal that will leave you feeling like you ordered takeout, these creamy chicken sweet potato noodles are going to be a new family favorite! With an easy “cheesy” creamy sauce, no one would ever think this recipe is Paleo + Whole30 too.
Why use sweet potato noodles?
We use zucchini noodles a lot, but we prefer sweet potato noodles when we are looking for a savory and hearty meal. Sweet potato noodles cook up quickly and add a nice texture to a dish that is similar to al dente pasta. Just use a spiralizer to make the noodles and watch them carefully to avoid overcooking. We prefer ours with a tiny bit of crunch – if you overcook sweet potato noodles they can get mushy.
The creamy sauce
Erica came up with this sauce recipe, and we’ve been using it on just about everything lately! It really only has three main ingredients plus some seasonings, so it’s super simple. You don’t have to soak the cashews or anything either. Just use a high-powered blender like a Blendtec or Vitamix and you’ll get a nice and creamy consistency.
A note about the fresh herbs
The creamy sauce in this recipe is really enhanced with flavor of some freshly chopped herbs. We really like fresh herbs so we used a lot of them – about 1/4 cup chopped. We also used a mixture of chives, sage and parsley. But really, you can use any freshly chopped herbs you prefer. Also, you can cut down the amount used if you like or substitute 2-3 tbsp of dried herbs if that’s all you have.
Make this recipe even easier
This recipe is pretty quick and easy, but you could make it even easier by using leftover chicken or a shredded rotisserie chicken. That will save you the time of cutting up chicken into cubes and cooking it. Or you could skip the chicken entirely and use shrimp instead. If you choose either of these options, just make the sauce while the noodles are cooking to have it ready to go.
Some other noodle recipes
- Sweet Potato Chicken Pad Thai
- Szechuan Noodles
- Creamy Salmon Sweet Potato Noodles
- Pork Ramen Noodles
- Creamy Chicken Alfredo
- Sheet Pan Crispy Vegetable Noodles and Pork
Your turn to try these creamy chicken sweet potato noodles
This will be your new favorite healthy recipe that everyone loves! Make it for your family and see what they think about the creamy sauce and savory noodles. Leave a comment below, and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, and make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. Let’s stay connected!
Creamy Chicken Sweet Potato Noodles (Paleo + Whole30)
For the chicken and noodles:
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, cut into small cubes (about 3 breasts)
- 5 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs, plus more for topping (chives, sage, basil – your choice!)
- 3 sweet potatoes, spiralized
- 2 tbsp ghee, divided
- Salt and pepper
- Prep chicken, kale and herbs as noted. Turn sweet potatoes into noodles using a spiralizer.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in 1 tbsp ghee. Once hot, add in the sweet potato noodles. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are tender but not too soft, about 6-7 minutes. Remove and place on a plate.
- While the noodles are cooking, make the sauce by placing all of the sauce ingredients in a high powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add in 1 tbsp of ghee. Add in the cubed chicken. Season chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chopped kale and herbs. Cook, stirring frequently, until wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato noodles back in to the pan. Pour the sauce over everything and toss to mix. Cook another 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly, until the sauce is warmed.
- Serve topped with additional herbs as desired.