Ready for the fastest comfort food recipe?! Welp, this Paleo + Whole30 creamy garlic shrimp is it! Get this cleaned up creamy prawn pasta on the table in 20 minutes, and make the whole family happy with some creamy, dairy-free “pasta”. It’s the perfect family-friendly, weeknight dinner recipe!
How do you make the creamy sauce dairy-free?
For this creamy, dairy-free sauce we used cashews. And the best part…you don’t even have to soak them in advance. Mostly because I always forget, so I just decided to figure out a way to avoid the extra task. So, you’re welcome! 😉 This cashew based sauce is extra creamy and indulgent, and we pretty much put it on all the things since we started making it. We bet you will, too!
Extra time savers for cooking with prawns
You can shave some time off your prep work by buying already peeled and deveined shrimp, and then it’s your call whether or not you like to leave the tails on. Real life….if we aren’t taking photos of our meal we typically take the tails off in advance so we don’t have to do it while we’re enjoying the dish. But…for pictures…tails on looks WAY better. I mean…am I right or am I right?!
In addition to saving prep work, save time grocery shopping by having your seafood delivered straight to your door. Our friends over at Fish Fixe help to keep our freezer stocked with perfectly portioned, premium seafood, and it makes adding meals like this creamy garlic shrimp onto our weekly meal plan a no-brainer. It’s quick, easy and delicious.
We love Fish Fixe for many reasons, but mostly because they deliver seafood that has No Antibiotics, No GMO’s, No Chemicals, and is Sustainably Sourced. And to top it all off, they have really amazing customer service – Mel + Em (the gals behind the company) are truly wonderful! They’re just good people, like the kind you’d want to be friends with and invite to your own table! Save $10 off your first box with the code REALSIMPLEGOOD at checkout!
Some other easy seafood recipes
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp Bowls (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- Creamy Salmon Sweet Potato Noodle Bowls (Paleo + Whole30)
- Chili Lime Shrimp (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- Easy Paleo Salmon Salad Bowls (Whole30 + Keto)
- Easy Shrimp and Sausage Skillet (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- The Best Salmon Patties with Magic Green Sauce (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
Your turn to try our creamy garlic shrimp
Whether you’re craving comfort food or just need to get dinner on the table ASAP, this creamy garlic shrimp is your jam! Give it a try, and leave a comment below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood so we can check it out, and make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. Let’s stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Creamy Garlic Prawns
For the shrimp:
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 medium-small zucchini, spiralized
For the sauce:
- 1 cup water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 cups raw whole cashews
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the rest:
- 1 cup bone broth or chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Parsley, chopped (optional garnish)
- Make the sauce by placing all of the sauce ingredients in a high powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Mince garlic, spiralize zucchini and chop parsley (optional). Gather and measure remaining ingredients to have them ready.
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add avocado oil. Once hot, add shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Remove and place on a plate.
- In the same pan, turn heat to low. Add in the bone broth and minced garlic and deglaze the pan. Then, add in the sauce and zucchini noodles. Stir continuously for 2-3 minutes to heat up the sauce and zoodles.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan and toss to coat with the sauce and mix in the zoodles. Cook until zoodles are tender but not mushy, just another 1-2 minutes. Serve shrimp topped with chopped parsley if desired.
Yum. this was absolutely delicious. thanks
We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed it! 🙂
The picture for this recipe shows zoodles but the recipe does not list zucchini noodles as an ingredient. When should doodles be added in the cooking process? What quantity should be used?
Oops, somehow the recipe card didn’t get updated with that info! I added amounts and instructions now so it should be clear.
Are there options for something in place of nutritional yeast? I have a yeast allergy and cannot use this ingredient, but would love to try this!
You can just omit the nutritional yeast and it will still turn out great! Let us know how it goes if you give it a try! 🙂
Made this tonight for a Whole30/Lenten dinner and it. was. delicious! I halved the recipe since I only had a pound of shrimp. The shrimp and zoodles came together quickly enough and the sauce tasted amazing. Definitely would make again (Whole30 or not) except using the full measurements so we can have leftovers!
Perfect! Glad you enjoyed the recipe and will be making it again :).