This Paleo + Whole30 creamy tuscan chicken is an easy one pan meal. It’s full of creamy, dairy-free goodness that will hit the spot when you’re in the mood for comfort food.
Creamy + Dairy-Free
You guys always ask how we make creamy, delicious recipes without dairy. Well, we rely on full fat coconut milk A LOT. We get the brand Aroy-D on Amazon, and we find it works best because it is all coconut milk. Most other coconut milks have some water or other ingredients added. Get the pure stuff. It’s a game changer! Just try this creamy tuscan chicken and tell us what you think!
Don’t Knock Coconut Just Yet
Don’t love coconut…well, just give one of our creamy, dairy free recipes a try before you knock it. Just about everyone, even those who don’t love coconut (maybe even despise it), have said they can’t even taste the coconut. We get sneaky with the other flavors of this creamy tuscan chicken to mask the coconut flavor, so you give it a shot even if you don’t like coconut flavored anything. Just try before you knock it.
One Pan Meal – Kind Of
We always love it when we can make dinner in one pan! This creamy tuscan chicken has less dishes and is still big on flavor, all while being made in 30 minutes! Now, if you decide to eat this creamy tuscan chicken over zucchini noodles or cauli rice…yes, you will have one more pan to wash but that one is pretty easy to clean!
Some Other Creamy, Dairy-Free Recipes
Try Our Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Need a quick dinner, craving some comfort food? Make this creamy tuscan chicken! It’s creamy, dairy-free and comes together in just 30 minutes! Leave a comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood so we can see and maybe share in our stories too. Make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken (Paleo + Whole30)
- 1 shallot, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp ghee (can sub avocado oil if needed for dairy-free)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1.5 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- 3 cups spinach
- Chopped parsley optional topping
- Prepare shallot and garlic as noted. Place Italian seasoning, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix.
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of parchment paper and pound them down to make them even in thickness. Sprinkle each side of the chicken with the Italian seasoning mix.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add ghee.
- Once hot, add the chicken to the pan (you may have to cook the chicken in 2 batches depending on the size of your pan). Cook, without disturbing for 3-4 minutes, until a nice brown crust has formed. Flip and cook another 3-4 minutes on the other side, until the chicken is mostly cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, whisk together chicken broth and arrowroot starch.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside. Lower the heat to medium.
- Add more ghee if needed and add the garlic and shallot to the pan. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, chicken broth, sun dried tomatoes and basil to the pan. Stir to mix, scraping up any browned bits remaining in the pan from when you cooked your chicken.
- Add the chicken breasts back to the skillet with the sauce. Cover and turn heat down to low. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- When the chicken is almost finished, add in the spinach. You might have to add it in in batches. Stir the spinach in until wilted.
- Serve with vegetables, potatoes, rice or cauli rice. Spoon some sauce over everything for serving. Sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional).