Crisp, delicious potatoes smothered and baked in a tangy sauce and simple Spanish seasonings! Load up your plate with these easy to make oven roasted Spanish potatoes and dig in.
Crispy roasted potatoes
Who wants some extra-crispy roasted potatoes?
In my opinion, the best roasted potatoes are soft and tender in the middle with some crispy bits on the outside.
That’s exactly what you’ll get with these easy Spanish potatoes!
How to get crispy Spanish potatoes
This recipe calls for a quick and easy technique to get perfectly tender potatoes with the best crispy bits on the outside.
- First, cut the potatoes into even sized pieces. This will help all the potatoes cook evenly.
- Next, toss the pieces with the simple sauce to coat the potatoes.
- Season the potatoes liberally with the Spanish seasoning and mix to coat.
- Spread the potatoes out evenly in a single layer.
That’s it! You don’t need to soak and rinse the potatoes or cook them twice. Just throw them in the oven to roast for about 30 minutes and you’re all set.
The sauce will coat the potatoes and allow the seasonings to stick. Then, the sauce will crisp up when cooking so you get those perfect tender-crisp potatoes you are looking for!
What to eat with Spanish potatoes
These easy Spanish potatoes are perfect because they can be served first thing in the morning as breakfast potatoes or hot out of the oven to go with dinner.
Some of our favorite ways to enjoy these crispy roasted potatoes are:
- With eggs and our homemade country breakfast sausage for a hearty breakfast.
- Making a big batch for meal prep and serving them with any protein.
- As a side dish for a marinated grilled steak.
- To serve with other one pan recipes, like this Italian sausage and peppers.
Your turn to try these easy oven roasted potatoes
Go ahead and whip up this easy side dish to serve for breakfast or with your favorite protein. Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic and tag us @realsimplegood, we love to see what you are cooking!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Crispy Oven Roasted Spanish Potatoes
- 2 lbs (907.18 g) potatoes, cut into even sized cubes
- 3 tbsp (3 tbsp) avocado oil
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp ) white vinegar
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp ) tomato paste
For the spanish seasoning
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) chili powder
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) dried parsley
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) sea salt
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp ) pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Chop potatoes as noted and place them in a bowl.
- Mix together the avocado oil, tomato paste and white vinegar. It should turn into a ketchup-like consistency. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Mix together the spanish seasonings in a small bowl. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Spread the potatoes out evenly on the sheet pan. Place in the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Big hit on taco night!!! Thank you for this recipe! So delicious and simple!!!
You’re very welcome! Thanks for coming back to leave a review 🙂
I have made these twice in less than a month because they are so good. My family loves them! They are crisp on the outside, soft on the inside, and vibrantly seasoned. I love the spice level, and it’s a really fun take on roasted potatoes! Much needed when you’re new to a healthy, whole30, or paleo lifestyle.
It’s so great to hear that these are a hit with your family Melanie 🙂
You guys! Seriously, I am excited to review every recipe I have tried. These potatoes!!! Talk about a game changer. I mostly have a whole30 bend to my cooking, so potatoes are often in our meal plan. Then I met these potatoes. THEY ARE AMAZING and I will never NOT make this recipe when preparing a side of potatoes for a meal. I used the leftovers as a “nest” for a delicious poached egg for breakfast and again was SO glad I made extra. Thanks for this recipe!!!!
Incredible! We love hearing this SO much! Thank you for trying our recipes and for taking the time to come back and share. It means the world to us! 🙂
I made this recipe tonight and it’s a hit with all 6 of us!! I will be making again and again!!
So great to hear that Carmen 🙂
These were delicious! So much flavour and I had everything on hand to make them. Love when this happens
Wow that’s perfect! So glad you enjoyed these :).