What readers are saying about this recipe
This recipe was my first go at pulled pork and tonight was our second time making it. LOVE it!! It turned out juicy, flavorful and was wicked easy to make. I love that you don’t require braising the outside…didn’t need it after all. Thanks for a great recipe! We’ll definitely keep it in the rotation.Mindy
5 reasons you’ll love it
- It’s truly a “set it and forget it” recipe with only 5-minutes of active prep time.
- The pork comes out so tender and juicy, you can easily shred it with a fork.
- The serving options are endless! Use this slow cooker pulled pork for tacos, sandwiches, bowls and more.
- Made with simple, everyday seasonings so you don’t need to make a special trip to the store for this recipe.
- If you have any dietary restrictions, this recipes is compliant with just about any healthy diet. It’s keto, gluten-free, dairy-free, whole30 and Paleo.
Tips from an expert home chef
- You don’t need to sear the pork before putting it in the crockpot. Just rub it all over with the delicious homemade seasoning mix and put it in the slow cooker.
- If you don’t have chicken broth on hand, you can use water instead.
- If you like pulled pork with crispy bits, you can transfer the shredded pork to a sheet pan after cooking and broil it for a few minutes to crisp up the ends.
- If making this for meal prep, it will last 5-6 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It’s also freezer friendly and will last for around 6 months in the freezer.
More easy slow cooker recipes
- Tender, Juicy Beef Barbacoa
- Juicy, Shredded Chicken Carnitas
- Mexican Shredded Beef
- Mojo Pork
- Slow Cooker BBQ Beef
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Don’t forget to leave a quick star rating and review below, we read every comment and truly appreciate your feedback. Also, be sure to browse the rest of our delicious, healthy recipes to find some other favorites too!
Easiest Ever Slow Cooker Pulled Pork (Keto + Whole30)
- 4 lb pork butt, (also known as boston butt. Can also use pork shoulder)
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- Place all of the seasonings in a small bowl and mix well to make the spice rub.
- Place pork in the slow cooker. Massage the spice rub all over the meat. You may have some left over if you have a smaller cut of meat.
- If you have the time, cover and refrigerate the meat for 3 hours or as long as 24 to let the rub set in. If you are planning ahead, I recommend letting the rub set in. If you don't have the time, just season the pork and start cooking.
- When you're ready to cook, pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Shred with two forks or tongs and serve. You can spoon some of the juices from the slow cooker on to the pork for serving.