We’ve rounded up our favorite gluten free desserts! Eating gluten free shouldn’t prevent your from enjoying a decadent dessert. And we love making gluten free treats everyone can enjoy!
In this roundup we’ve got you covered with gluten free cookies, brownies, cakes, cheesecake, pies and bars. Let’s dive in!
The best gluten free flours
There are a lot of different gluten free flours out there, but here are some of my favorites for baking (and they’re all paleo friendly, too):
- Almond Flour – a lower carb flour that isn’t too dense
- Tapioca Flour – pairs well with almond flour in baking recipes
- Coconut Flour – another lower carb option and great for nut-free baking
- Cassava Flour – great nut-free option
Our go-to brand for gluten free flours is Bob’s Red Mill. You can order them online or find them in most stores.
Looking for more? Check out all of our gluten free desserts + treats!
Gluten Free Cookies
All of these gluten free cookies are crowd pleasers! We’ve tested them out, and they’re tried and true. Always pleasing, even to those who don’t eat gluten free. Which will you try first?
Gluten Free Brownies
Brownies are up next! We like them rich and fudgy, and we’ve got two versions for you – one with eggs and one without. Your choice!
Gluten Free Cake
It wouldn’t be a well rounded collection without some gluten free cakes! Here are some that are sure to please your whole bunch.
Gluten Free Cheesecake
Cheesecake is a classic, and these gluten free options are likely to insight a new addiction. One is classic and one is a little more edgy.
Gluten Free Pie
Don’t worry, we wouldn’t leave out gluten free pies. Don’t get me wrong, making a gluten free crust can be a little tougher, but we’ve got you covered so the holidays feel traditional, even without the traditional flour.
Gluten Free Bars
These gluten free bars are a bonus treat! Decadent and easy to make, too! We love bars for treats because they are less fuss. Bake them in a square pan and then just cut them into squares!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
15+ Decadent Gluten Free Desserts: Coffee Cake
- 1.5 cups Cassava Flour (whisked before measuring, we like the brands Bob's Red MIll and Otto's Naturals)
- 2 tsp paleo baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, softened (plus more for optional drizzle on top if desired)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a 8×8 inch dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cassava flour, baking powder and sea salt with a fork.
- Using the fork, "cut" coconut butter and oil into dry ingredients until small bits form.
- Add coconut milk, maple syrup, apple sauce and apple cider vinegar and mix with fork until combined.
- Transfer cake mixture into prepared baking dish and spread out with your hands into an even layer.
- Make the topping by combining all the topping ingredients in the bowl you just used and mix until clumps form. Don't overmix – you want it crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over cake, and transfer to the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes. When a knife comes out clean, remove from the oven and let cool before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy. You can drizzle some extra coconut butter if you want, too! We love it best served a little warm, so we usually re-heat it for about 10-12 seconds in the microwave.