The best grilled chicken recipes all in one place! Recipes for chicken breasts, thighs, wings, skewers, and drumsticks that will have you enjoying all kinds of chicken on the BBQ.
BBQ Chicken is Where it’s at
Everyone loves grilled chicken – am I right? Throw any kind of chicken on the grill and it’s sure to taste great. Some simple seasonings or a marinade and you are set for an easy chicken dinner.
Looking for more? Check out all of our healthy appetizer recipes!
But chicken can be boring sometimes, so if you are looking for something new browse through the easy BBQ recipes below and find some inspiration for your next grilling session.
Some Grilled Chicken Marinade Options
Before we get to the recipes, check out our 5 easy homemade marinade recipes.
Chicken is a great protein because you can throw it in any one of those marinades for an hour and have a tasty chicken dinner on the table in no time. The homemade teriyaki marinade is my favorite for chicken breasts or thighs.
PRO TIP: Marinate chicken at least 20 minutes before cooking, or up to 24 hours if you are planning in advance.
Grilled Chicken Breast
Chicken breast is one of the most popular for grilling. It takes on whatever seasoning or marinade you put on it and cooks quickly on the grill. Just don’t overcook it because it will dry out.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Bowl
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken from Real Food with Jessica
Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken from The Whole Cook
Mango Chile Chicken Bowls from Cotter Crunch
Grilled Chicken Thighs
I think chicken thighs might be my favorite for grilling. They cook quickly and have more flavor than breasts. Because they have a little more fat, they stay juicy and don’t dry out.
Korean BBQ Chicken (Paleo + Whole30)
Grilled Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken
Grilled Chicken with Chipotle-Whiskey BBQ Sauce from The Defined Dish
Grilled Chicken Kebabs
Kebabs, kabobs or chicken skewers – what do you call them? I just call them delicious. Skewers are perfect for grilling because they cook quickly and you can combine a lot of different flavors together and eat the finished product with your hands!
Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs (Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free + Refined Sugar-Free)
Chicken Satay with Sunbutter Sauce from Real Food with Jessica
Grilled Sesame Chicken Skewers from The Defined Dish
Grilled Chicken Wings
Chicken wings on the grill are such a quick and easy treat! You’ll get the charred, crispy skin from the BBQ and you can slather or dunk the wings in any kind of delicious sauce you want.
Lemon Garlic Grilled Chicken Wings from Paleo Running Momma
Grilled Chicken Wings with 3 easy sauces from The Endless Meal
Whole30 + Keto BBQ Chicken Wings from Tastes Lovely
Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
Chicken drumsticks are my favorite piece of chicken to grill. They have plenty of dark, rich meat that won’t dry out on the grill even if you overcook it a little. Plus, that crispy grilled skin is to die for!
Crispy, 5-Ingredient Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
Grilled Chicken Shawarma Drumsticks from Rachel Cooks
Grilled Chicken Drumsticks with Maple Dijon & Chili Sauce from Cookin Canuck
Sides to Serve with Grilled Chicken
We know that summer grilling is all about getting together with friends and family. Bring your favorite side dish, throw some meat on the grill and have a good time!
Here are some healthy side dish recipes that go well with any kind of grilled chicken.
The Best Potato Salad with Bacon (Paleo + Whole30)
Healthy Grilled Vegetable Marinade
Rich and Creamy Keto Coleslaw
Asian Cucumber Salad (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
Healthy Grilled Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
15+ Delicious Grilled Chicken Recipes: Pineapple Chicken
- 1 fresh pineapple, skin removed and cut into rounds with the core removed , (see recipe notes)
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs , (or breasts)
For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice, (or sub water if you don't have any)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4-6 pitted dates, soaked for 10-15 minutes in warm water to soften then drained
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
For serving and topping:
- White or cauli rice, (Cauli rice for Whole30)
- Mixed greens
- Chopped green onions, (for topping)
- Soak dates in warm water as noted to soften.
- To make the marinade, place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and run continuously to combine all the ingredients until smooth. Stop to scrape sides down as needed and restart.
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl or dish and pour the marinade over. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- When you are about ready to grill, cut pineapple into rounds as noted. Cut out the tough inner core from the rounds and set aside.
- Heat your grill to high heat (about 500° F). Add the chicken and pineapple to grill and cook, flipping once and basting chicken with any remaining marinade until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes on each side depending on the size of the chicken. Remove pineapple when it is grilled to your liking (we grilled it just 3-4 minutes per side).
- Serve chicken and pineapple with your desired side, over rice or over greens (or greens and rice). Enjoy.
- If you don’t have any coconut aminos on hand, you can make your own using our DIY coconut aminos substitute recipe.