Why you’ll love these easy ground pork tacos
- They’re so easy to make and have amazing taco flavor from a simple homemade taco seasoning.
- You’ll be topping them with the crunchy slaw for pork tacos that’s mayo-free and made with only 5 simple ingredients.
- This ground pork dinner idea for tacos is a great alternative to the standard pulled pork tacos and so much easier to make!
Related ->> Check out some other ground pork recipe suggestions!
How to make ground pork tacos (step-by-step)
The simple pork taco seasoning
We love using our healthy homemade taco seasoning for these pork tacos. It’s a simple mix of seasonings you’ll have in your pantry. Make a big batch, and then you’ll have leftovers for next time.
Plus, you’ll skip the icky additives in store-bought packets of seasoning blends. Here’s what you need.
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Ground pepper
- Sea salt
PRO TIP: Check out our post 10 Easy DIY Spice Blends for more on making homemade spice blends.
More easy ground pork recipes
Here are some other ways to use ground pork.
- 25 Minute Kimchi Soup (Keto Friendly)
- Sweet & Spicy Asian-Inspired Pork Meatballs
- 20-Minute Spicy Pork Bowls
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Sheet Pan Crispy Vegetable Noodles and Pork
Quick 25-Minute Ground Pork Tacos with Slaw
- 8 grain free tortillas, (we love Siete or Whole Foods brand almond flour tortillas)
For the slaw:
- 2 cups coleslaw mix, (or just shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
For the taco meat:
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 3 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- Tomatoes or salsa
- Chipotle aioli
- Place all of the coleslaw ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix them up until the avocado gets a little broken down but stays mostly chunky. Set aside until you’re ready to plate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and ground pork to pan. Break it up with a spatula and continue to cook.
- When pork is almost done, add taco seasoning to pan and mix to combine. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until pork is fully cooked and there are some brown bits.
- Once pork is done, prepare taco shells as desired and layer your ground pork and then coleslaw right on top of your tortillas. Garnish your favorite toppings, like salsa and cilantro. We also like to add a dollop of our chipotle aioli.