If you’ve got some ground pork on hand, and you’re wondering what to do with it…make these ground pork tacos! They’re so easy to make with a simple homemade taco seasoning and topped with a mayo-free slaw.
What you need to make easy pork tacos
Just some basic ingredients are all you need to make a big batch of ground pork tacos. And you can even use a pre-made coleslaw mix to save time and energy as well.
- Grain free tortillas – we love Siete or Whole Foods now has a version
- Coleslaw mix – or a combo of green and purple cabbage
- Avocado oil
- Ground pork
- Homemade taco seasoning
- Any other toppings you love
Simple pork taco seasoning
We love using our healthy homemade taco seasoning for these pork tacos. It’s a simple mix of seasonings you’ll have in your pantry. Make a big batch, and then you’ll have leftovers for next time. And you’ll skip the icky additives in store bought packets of seasoning blends. Here’s what you need.
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Ground pepper
- Sea salt
PRO TIP: Check out our post 10 Easy DIY Spice Blends for more on making homemade spice blends.
How to make ground pork tacos
It’s easy! Like really easy! Here’s what you’ll do.
- Mix up the slaw and then set it aside until you’re ready to serve
- Cook ground pork on the stove
- Prep any other toppings you want to use
- Heat up taco shells
- Serve and enjoy
More easy ground pork recipes
Here are some other ways to use ground pork.
- 25 MINUTE KIMCHI SOUP
- ASIAN PORK MEATBALLS
- SPICY PORK BOWLS
- PORK RAMEN NOODLES
- EGG ROLL IN A BOWL
- SHEET PAN CRISPY VEGETABLE NOODLES AND PORK
Your turn to make these ground pork tacos
If you’ve got some ground pork to use up, make these pork tacos for an easy and family friendly dinner! Leave a rating and review below to let us know how it goes. We’d love to hear. And take a pic to share on Instagram, too. Tag us @realsimplegood, so we can check it out! We love to see what you’re making!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easiest Ever Ground Pork Tacos
- 8 grain free tortillas, (we love Siete or Whole Foods brand almond flour tortillas)
For the slaw:
- 2 cups coleslaw mix, (or just shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
For the taco meat:
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 3 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- Tomatoes or salsa
- Chipotle aioli
- Place all of the coleslaw ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix them up until the avocado gets a little broken down but stays mostly chunky. Set aside until you’re ready to plate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and ground pork to pan. Break it up with a spatula and continue to cook.
- When pork is almost done, add taco seasoning to pan and mix to combine. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until pork is fully cooked and there are some brown bits.
- Once pork is done, prepare taco shells as desired and layer your ground pork and then coleslaw right on top of your tortillas. Garnish your favorite toppings, like salsa and cilantro. We also like to add a dollop of our chipotle aioli.