These delicious keto stuffed mushrooms with sausage are bite-sized treats that make the perfect low carb appetizer. With only 5 ingredients, the prep is easy and they cook quickly in the oven. You’ll love this simple healthy appetizer recipe.
Making these keto mushrooms
Here are the basic ingredients you’ll use for this recipe:
- Cremini Mushrooms – Look for mushrooms that are of similar size. You can use bigger mushrooms if desired or smaller bite-sized mushrooms for an appetizer.
- Italian Sausage – If you can’t find sugar-free sausage, you can make our homemade breakfast sausage recipe and add in 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Garlic and onion – Just enough to add some delicious flavor and keep it low carb.
- Bell pepper – Adds a little crunch and color to the mushrooms.
- Parmesan cheese – Optional, but highly recommended. You can also use another type of cheese if desired.
Looking for more? Check out all of our healthy appetizer recipes!
Tips for making stuffed baked mushrooms
These mushrooms are pretty easy to make, but we do have a few tips:
- Be careful with the mushrooms, as they can fall apart easily. Gently wipe them down with a paper towel to clean.
- Use a spoon to pop out the stem of the mushrooms. Then, scrape out the sides to remove any ribs and make room for the sausage.
- Only cook the stuffed mushrooms for the 7-10 minutes as indicated. Watch them carefully at the end and pull them out before they get too soft.
- If needed, you can prep these in advance and bake them later. Just follow the steps and fill up the mushrooms with sausage. Cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake them.
Some other keto mushroom recipes
- Keto Beef Stew
- Quick, Easy Keto Breakfast Casserole
- Gluten Free + Keto Meatloaf
- Chicken Coconut Curry Soup
Your turn to make this easy and healthy appetizer
Put these keto stuffed mushrooms on your list for your next party or family gathering! They are the perfect little treat to serve at a holiday gathering or any type of get together.
If you try the recipe, please leave a star rating and comment below to let us know how it goes. Also, tag us in your pics and videos on Instagram @realsimplegood. We love to see what you’re making!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy 5-Ingredient Keto Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms (about 20 mushrooms)
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Prep garlic and bell pepper as noted.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add Italian sausage to cook, breaking it up into small pieces. Add in the garlic and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is browned and cooked through (about 8-10 minutes).
- While the sausage is cooking, prepare mushrooms for stuffing by removing the stems and scraping out the ribs. Placing them cap side down on a baking sheet.
- Once the sausage has cooked, remove it from heat and let it cool off for a few minutes. Add in the parmesan cheese and mix.
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Scoop some of the sausage mixture into each mushroom to fill them up. Place in the oven to bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes and serve.