Take chicken wings from frozen to on the table in about 30 minutes in the air fryer! Amazingly crispy on the outside but still tender and juicy on the inside, here’s how to cook frozen chicken wings in the air fryer.
How long to cook frozen chicken wings in the air fryer
Cook your frozen chicken wings at 400° Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes in the air fryer. It may take slightly longer if your air fryer needs to preheat, but 25-30 minutes is about how long it takes for “average sized” chicken wings.
Note that all air fryers cook a little differently and not all chicken wings are the same size. You will need to watch your wings carefully at the end of the recommended cooking time. Cook a little less time for smaller wings, a little more time for larger wings.
I highly recommend using a instant read meat thermometer to ensure the wing internal temperature is at least 165° Fahrenheit. This is especially helpful when cooking wings from frozen, as they can appear cooked on the outside but are not cooked enough on the inside.
Tips for making frozen wings in the air fryer
It’s really very easy, but we do have a few tips to make this recipe fail-proof.
- The cook time in this recipe assumes that your wings are completely frozen, so just toss them in straight from the freezer.
- Don’t crowd or stack the wings in the basket. You want a little bit of space between each wing for the air to circulate.
- Wait to season the wings until the end and a little cooking oil spray helps the seasonings to stick.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature is at least 165° Fahrenheit.
- The creamy buffalo sauce is a must!
Don’t skip the easy buffalo chicken wing dip
We added a simple, 3-ingredient creamy buffalo sauce to this recipe that’s a must try if you’re a buffalo chicken wing lover! It has all the classic buffalo sauce flavor from Frank’s Red Hot paired with some mayo and nutritional yeast to make it thick and creamy. It’s finger-licking good!
Your turn to make this easy air fryer appetizer
It’s no big deal if your chicken wings are frozen, you can still enjoy some juicy wings in about 30 minutes using your air fryer! If you try it, leave a comment and rating below to let us know how it goes. Don’t forget to take a pic to share and tag us @realsimplegood so we can check it out. We love to see what you’re making!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Wings (from Frozen)
- Preheat air fryer (if yours preheats) to 400° Fahrenheit and set it to cook for 30 minutes. Note that you'll flip the wings at 10 minutes and may remove them before the 30 minutes are up. Follow the instructions below.
- Place frozen chicken wings in the air fryer basket so they are in an even layer and not overlapping.
- Cook for 10 minutes before flipping.
- While the wings are cooking, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl or jar and then place in the fridge until it's time to serve.
- At the end of the 10 minutes of cooking, open air fryer and flip wings. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- After a total of 20 minutes of cooking, open the air fryer again and spray wings with avocado oil cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Flip and spray with more avocado oil and season the other side with salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook at 400° for another 5-10 minutes or until they reach your desired crispiness.
- Serve with creamy buffalo sauce (either on the side for dipping or toss the wings in the sauce).