We love cooking this easy blackened shrimp on the stove top for a quick weeknight dinner that’s Paleo, Whole30 and Keto friendly. The smoky seasoning for this shrimp will have you surprised how flavorful such an easy recipe can be! It cooks up in just a few minutes and is super versatile. You can make shrimp tacos, top a salad with it or make a bowl with greens and roasted veggies or cauliflower rice.
The best seasoning for blackened shrimp
You’ll likely already have all the seasonings in your spice drawer or cabinet. The combination of savory, smoky and spicy are just right. Here’s what we used.
- Sea salt
- Smoked Paprika
- Ground Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne (you can use more or less of this to achieve your desired level of spicy)
How to cook shrimp on the stove top
Cooking shrimp on the stove top is really, really easy! And fast! Once you have your shrimp all seasoned, you just heat some oil in a skillet. Once it’s hot, add your shrimp and sear it on each side for just 1-2 minutes. That’s it! You’ll know your shrimp is done when it’s got a pinkish color.
What to serve blackened shrimp with
You can pair this shrimp recipe with just about anything. Here are some of the ways we like to use shrimp.
- Pair it with any veggies, greens and rice for a bowl meal. Use the rice of your preference – white or cauliflower rice are our go-to’s.
- Top a salad with this blackened shrimp.
- Throw it in some leftover soup.
- Make shrimp tacos with grain-free tortillas, like Siete.
- Make nachos topped with shrimp. Use grain-free tortilla chips, like Siete or Late July.
Some other easy Paleo shrimp recipes to try
- CHILI LIME SHRIMP
- CREAMY GARLIC SHRIMP
- EASY SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE SKILLET
- CILANTRO LIME SHRIMP BOWLS
- ONE PAN CAJUN SHRIMP AND CAULIFLOWER RICE
- SHEET PAN SHRIMP FAJITAS
Time to try this easy blackened shrimp recipe
Got a busy week ahead, make this blackened shrimp for a quick and near effortless dinner! Let us know how it goes by leaving a rating and review below. And take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, so we can check it out! We love to see what you’re cooking.
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy Blackened Shrimp Recipe
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
For the seasoning:
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less, to desired level of spicy)
- Prepare the seasoning mix by adding the ingredients to a bowl or jar and mixing.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel. Add the shrimp to a bowl or plate and season with the seasoning mix. Toss to coat the shrimp evenly.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add avocado oil. Once the oil is hot and shimmering, add the shrimp. Cook, searing the shrimp on both sides for just 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove the shrimp from heat and serve.