This dairy-free and Vegan friendly soup is made with roasted butternut squash and red pepper. It’s quick and easy to make and freezes well, making it a great meal prep recipe. You just need a sheet pan and a high powered blender or immersion blender, and you’ll be spooning up this hearty soup.
How to roast squash and red bell peppers
It’s really easy! Let’s start there. Here are the deets!
- Peel your squash, cut it in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Cube the squash and put it on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cut your bell peppers in half and remove the membranes and seeds, and then slice into strips.
- Add everything to the sheet pan. In this recipe we used onion as well, so you’ll peel and chop and add that too.
- Drizzle with avocado oil, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer your sheet pan to the oven to bake at 400° Fahrenheit for about 20-25 minutes.
That’s it! You’ll roast them until the bell peppers start to get blistered.
An easy blender soup
We love how easy this recipe is! Roast the veggies, and then once they’re done, transfer them to a high powered blender with the rest of the ingredients, like a Blendtec (affiliate link) or Vitamix, and blend on high until creamy. We use a Blendtec and love how easy it is to puree soups, make sauces, baby food, etc.
If you’re in the market for a new blender, check out Blendtec, and make sure to use the code RSG20 to save 20% off your purchase. A high powered blender is an investment, and one we think is worth it! We use ours every day, sometimes multiple times per day. And there is really no better way to make homemade sauces, soups, smoothies, etc.
What to serve with this butternut squash and roasted red pepper soup
This dairy free soup is hearty enough on it’s own, but you can also pair it with the protein of your choice. We love to have it with our baked Italian meatballs. Some roasted salmon would be a great choice, too. And then if you really wanted go all out, our Paleo “cornbread” would be perfect for dipping into this thick and creamy soup!
Some other dairy free soups to try
- CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP
- EASY PUMPKIN SOUP
- CURRIED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- CARROT GINGER SOUP
- HEALTHY ZUPPA TOSCANA
- PALEO TOMATO BASIL SOUP WITH SAUSAGE
Your turn to try this roasted butternut squash and red pepper soup
Make a batch of this creamy, dairy free butternut squash and roasted red pepper soup! Leave a comment and rating below to let us know how it goes. And take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, so we can check it out! We love to see what you’re cooking!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy Butternut Squash + Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and seeds removed then chopped into cubes
- 4 red bell peppers, top and seeds removed and sliced into strips
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, leaves removed from stems
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 3 cups bone broth, (or vegetable stock for Vegan)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk, (plus more for topping if desired. can also use another non-dairy milk of choice.)
- Fresh oregano
- Chopped bacon, (not Vegan)
- Chopped nuts or seeds
- Parmesan cheese, (not Vegan, Paleo or Whole30)
- Italian meatballs
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prep butternut squash, bell peppers and onion as noted. Place on lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle veggie mixture with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven to roast for about 20-25 minutes, until squash is tender and bell peppers start to blister. Be careful not to burn the veggie.
- Remove from oven and transfer veggies to a high powered blender. Add in oregano, tomato paste, hot sauce and bone broth. Blend on high until creamy.
- Stir in coconut milk. Taste and add any salt and pepper to taste. Serve with your favorite toppings.