Life gets busy fast and our schedule is often changing as soon as we get into a rhythm, so snacks like these easy cherry Paleo energy balls are great! Just grab a couple and go! You’ll have a quick and tasty bite to keep you fueled while you’re out and about.
The base recipe used for these easy cherry Paleo energy balls is super simple and requires no fancy ingredients. It’s really just unsweetened shredded coconut, nuts, dates and dried cherries. You just combine all the ingredients in a food processor, and then roll them into balls. Store them in the fridge, and take one or two with you as you head out the door or whenever you need a little snack.
A couple of great optional ingredients to consider adding are ground flax seed and collagen. Flax adds fiber and healthy fats while collagen is great for your gut, hair, skin and nails among other things. It’s the perfect add to recipes like this one and also to your coffee or tea in the morning, smoothies and really just about anything. It dissolves completely and is tasteless. Basically, it’s a no-brainer, and we should all be adding collagen into our daily routine.
We use and love the brand Perfect Supplements. Their hydrolyzed collagen is sourced from grass-fed cows, and we love the mission and practices of Perfect Supplements. We love partnering with them as an affiliate, and use their products regularly. You can get 10% off any Perfect Supplements order using our discount code “RSG10”. We do earn a small commission when you shop using our link, which helps to keep Real Simple Good running. Our promise to you is that we only promote and share brands we personally love and use. Thanks for your support! Shop here!
There’s just something great about bite-sized snacks and treats, and these easy cherry Paleo energy balls are the perfect two-bite sized ball. We like to roll them into oversized tablespoon sized balls, a little smaller than a golf ball. They firm up a bit and set in the fridge after you roll them out and make a great grab-and-go snack!
Your Turn To Try Our Easy Cherry Paleo Energy Balls
Add these Paleo energy balls to your weekend agenda as a meal prep item, and then you’ll have a snack on hand and ready to go for when you need one during the week. Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Easy Cherry Paleo Energy Balls Recipe (GF, Grain-Free + Refined Sugar-Free)
- 1 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 8-10 dates, pitted
- 1 cup unsweetened dried cherries
- 3 tbsp ground flax seed, (optional)
- 2 tbsp collagen, (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until ingredients are combined and grainy. Stop the processor and scrape the sides down.
- Start the food processor again and run continuously until the mixture starts to form into a ball. You may need to stop and scrape the sides down again a couple times.
- Once the mixture balls up, stop the food processor and carefully remove the blade. Roll tablespoon sized amounts into balls and place in a glass dish. If the mixture is still a little grainy, you may have to pat the balls into shape versus rolling, but they will firm up in the fridge. Once all of the mixture is rolled into balls, cover and store in the fridge to have on hand for snacks.