Whether you’re grilling your steak or searing it in a skillet, you’ll love the burst of flavor you get from the chimichurri sauce in this easy chimichurri steak recipe. Quick and easy, the sauce can really go on anything, but we think it is best over grilled steak with a side of grilled veggies.
Why are chimichurri and steak so perfect together?
I have tried chimichurri sauce on other meats, like chicken and pork. It’s good, but a grilled steak seems to be the perfect pairing for a bright and herby chimichurri sauce. Plus, it doesn’t get any easier than giving a flank or skirt steak a quick sear on the grill, and then topping it with some chimichurri sauce for the ultimate flavor.
Easy Cooking FTW
The best part about this chimichurri steak recipe is how easy it is. There’s no marinating or anything involved for the steak. Just season it with salt and pepper, and get it on the grill. This post from Traeger has some great tips for achieving the perfect doneness of your steak! It will get plenty of flavor from the chimichurri sauce that’s packed with fresh herbs for a bold, savory flavor!
What side dish should I serve with this recipe?
A side dish isn’t defined for this chimichurri steak because it can really go well with anything. Typically, we like to look for whatever fresh veggies look best and grill (or roast) those on the side. If we are grilling, we just chop some veggies up, toss them in oil and season with some salt and pepper. Throw them on the grill with your steak, and serve them with a little chimichurri sauce. Perfect.
Some other side dish options
Your turn to try this easy chimichurri steak recipe
It’s time to get the grill going and celebrate summer! Give this easy chimichurri steak a try! Leave a comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, and give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy Chimichurri Steak Recipe (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
For the chimichurri sauce:
For the steak:
- 2 lbs flank steak (or sub skirt steak)
- Sea salt and pepper
- To make the chimichurri sauce, add all of the sauce ingredients to a food processor or high-powered blender. Process until everything is finely chopped. Don’t overprocess and puree. Transfer to a container and refrigerate while you cook the steak.
- Heat your grill to high heat (450-500° F). Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add the steak to the grill and grill for 3-4 minutes and flip. Grill for another 2-4 minutes, or until the steak is cooked to your liking. Remove and place on a cutting board to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak against the grain. Serve topped with chimichurri sauce and with your favorite side dish!
For skillet cooking:
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add in some avocado oil or ghee. Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Depending on the size of your skillet, you may have to cut your steak in half and cook it in two batches.
- Once the skillet is hot and shimmering, sdd the steak and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2-4 minutes, or until the steak is cooked to your liking. Remove and follow directions above for resting, cutting and serving.