This easy sugar-free homemade BBQ sauce is smoky, tangy and delicious! Slather it on any kind of meat for grilling or cooking or use it as a dipping sauce. Made with simple real food ingredients it’s a Whole30 BBQ sauce, too!
Making This Whole30 BBQ Sauce
This homemade Whole30 (+ Paleo) compliant BBQ sauce is so easy to make!
- Grab your ingredients
- Mix them up in a jar or bowl with a whisk
- Store or serve immediately
It only takes about 5 minutes to whip this up and the sauce will last for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.
You can also scale the recipe as needed to make more or less sauce to suit your needs.
Looking for more? Check out this post featuring 6 Easy Whole30 Sauces!
How Long Can You Store Homemade BBQ Sauce?
This healthy homemade BBQ sauce will last quite a while in the fridge (around 2 weeks or longer). If you look at the ingredients, all of them have a long shelf life.
The best way to ensure long-lasting sauce is to use tomato paste from a can that hasn’t been opened. If you use older, previously refrigerated paste it will not last as long.
Store the BBQ sauce in an airtight container in the fridge and for the best flavor use it within two weeks.
Using This Sauce for an Easy Whole30 Meal
We love using homemade sauces to make Whole30 taste a whole lot better! Here are some ideas for using this healthy BBQ sauce:
- Slather it on chicken or steak for grilling or baking
- Toss it with any shredded meat (beef, pork, chicken)
- Use it for dipping some plantain or sweet potato fries
- Put it on a bunless burger
Really, you can use it as a replacement for any store-bought bottled BBQ sauce.
Your Turn to try This Delicious and Healthy BBQ Sauce
Whip up a batch in 5 minutes the next time you need a BBQ sauce! Or just keep some in the fridge to add a little BBQ flavor to any meal.
If you make it, leave a comment below to let us know how it goes and take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, so we can check it out. We love to see what you’re making!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Healthy Homemade BBQ Sauce (Whole30)
- 1 cup coconut aminos, (See recipe notes)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard, (from the jar/bottle, not mustard powder)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- To make the BBQ sauce, place all of the sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl or jar and whisk well to incorporate.
- Cover and refrigerate until use. Will last 2-3 weeks in the fridge. Stir to mix before each use.
- As an alternative to coconut aminos, you can make your own using our DIY coconut aminos substitute recipe.
I’ve made this almost every week since I found it! I use it to make pulled chicken a lot! Going to use it for baby back ribs tonight!! So so yummy!!
So great to hear! Thanks for coming back to leave a review, we appreciate it 🙂
Quick and easy! I think it will improve with “age” but I needed to use some right after I made it. Will see how the flavors develop overnight. I substituted 1/2 cup apple juice for half of the coconut aminos (as they are pretty pricey) and added a tablespoon of 100% cocoa. Next time I will add some fresh horseradish from our garden.
So glad you enjoyed it! And your subs sound great, too. Thanks for sharing how you made it work for you. 🙂