These easy low-carb stuffed bell peppers are an amazing weeknight meal. Filled with perfectly seasoned ground beef, cauli rice, tomato and onion topped with gooey cheese. They are the best way to satisfy your taco cravings on the keto diet!
Making stuffed peppers keto
Making low-carb recipes can be a challenge, so here are a few things we did to make sure these stuffed peppers were keto-friendly:
- We ditched the taco seasoning packet with added fillers and carbs and made our own keto taco seasoning.
- Swapped out white rice for cauliflower rice.
- Only used 1/2 of a small onion.
- Added in some olives for extra healthy fats.
- Topped with some melty cheese!
Looking for more low carb recipes? Check out this roundup of more Amazing Keto Recipes.
Tips for these easy taco stuffed peppers
This recipe is pretty straightforward, but here are a few tips:
- Use a bag of pre-riced cauliflower rice to save yourself some time.
- If you’re looking for the lowest carb bell pepper, go with green peppers.
- The keto taco seasoning can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container in the cupboard.
- The cheese is totally optional, omit for Whole30 or strict Paleo.
- Add on your favorite toppings! We like avocado, cilantro and a dollop of chipotle aioli is a must.
More tips for cooking stuffed peppers
Sometimes stuffed peppers can come out dry and bland tasting, so don’t let that happen! Here are a few things to watch out for:
- Only cook the ground beef until it is just barely cooked through. It will finish browning and get a little crispy in the oven.
- Don’t omit the fire-roasted tomatoes, they keep the stuffed peppers juicy and flavorful.
- Be careful not to overcook the bell peppers. We prefer them with a little crunch, and the 15 minute cooking time is perfect for that.
More Keto ground beef recipes
Your turn to try this lazy keto meal
Time for you to give this super-easy (aka lazy) recipe a try! Pick up some fresh bell peppers and get ready for some keto-friendly taco flavors. Let us know how it goes by leaving a rating and review in the comments below. Don’t forget to take a pic and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, we love to see what you’re cooking!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy Keto Stuffed Peppers (Taco Style)
For the peppers:
- 1 lb (453.59 g) ground beef
- 1/2 (1/2 ) onion, diced
- 2 cups (320 g) cauliflower rice
- 1 can (1 can) fire roasted tomatoes, drained, (14.5 oz)
- 1 can (1 can ) sliced olives, (14.5 oz)
- 6 (6 ) bell peppers
- 1 cup (112 g) shredded cheese
For the keto taco seasoning
- 1.5 tsp (1.5 tsp) chili powder
- 1.5 tsp (1.5 tsp) cumin
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) paprika, (smoked or regular)
- 3/4 tsp (3/4 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) oregano
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) pepper
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1/4 tsp) onion powder
- 1/4 tsp (1/4 tsp) cayenne pepper, (optional, omit or adjust to fit desired spice level)
- Avocado slices
- Chopped cilantro
- Hot sauce
- To make the keto taco seasoning, mix all of the seasonings together in a bowl or jar. Set aside.
- Dice onion and gather the remaining ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in the ground beef and onion, breaking up the ground beef into small chunks. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is almost cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- While the ground beef is cooking, prepare the bell peppers. Cut the tops of the bell peppers off and use your hands to carefully take out the seeds and membranes, leaving an empty "shell".
- Once the beef is almost cooked through, add the taco seasoning. Stir well to mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice, fire roasted tomatoes and olives to the meat mixture. Stir to mix and remove from heat.
- Place the bell peppers on the baking sheet. Fill each bell pepper up with the taco meat mixture from the skillet. Top each bell pepper with some cheese.
- Place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes, or until the bell peppers are cooked to your liking. Remove from the oven and serve.