Ready in about 30 minutes, packed with colorful veggies, flavorful seasonings and filling shrimp and sausage, this easy shrimp and sausage skillet is pretty much the perfect low carb meal. If you are looking for an easy Whole30 and Keto weeknight meal you’ve found it!
All those (low carb) veggies!!
This shrimp and sausage skillet is packed with veggies – two different kinds of summer squash, mushrooms and cabbage. It can be difficult to get a variety of vegetables when following a low carb diet, but we are committed to doing it! This recipe features some of our favorites and ends up being only about 5g net carbs per serving.
Where do you find Whole30 compliant sausage?
This is a question we get asked a lot by the people who are going through one of our Whole30 Meal Plans. In fact, we’ve only found two brands of clean Andouille sausage without sugar – Teton Waters Ranch Spicy Andouille Sausage (one of our favorites) and Wellshire Farms Smoked Andouille Sausage (turkey or regular). There are several other pre-cooked Whole30 compliant sausages that could be used in this recipe also. We outlined all of the options in our Instant Pot Jambalaya post, so click on over to that post to see some other options.
Easy Shrimp and Sausage cooking tips
Although there are only 6 main ingredients in this recipe, they will fill up an average sized skillet quickly. You’ll toss everything in the skillet at once, so use a large enough skillet (or wok) to fit all of the ingredients. Alternatively, you can cook the shrimp and sausage in a separate pan. Just mix them in with the veggies at the end after the veggies have cooked down.
Some other easy skillet meals
Your turn to try this easy shrimp and sausage skillet
Need a quick and easy meal that cooks in one pan and fills you up with healthy veggies? Give this easy shrimp and sausage skillet recipe a try! Leave a comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, and give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy Shrimp and Sausage Skillet (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 oz andouille or other pre-cooked sausage, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 8 oz mushrooms, quartered, (about 3 cups)
- 4 cups cabbage, sliced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, (or ghee)
For the seasoning:
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, (optional)
- Prep the shrimp, sausage and veggies as noted.
- Make the seasoning mix by combining all seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and mixing well.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat (the skillet needs to be large enough to fit all of the ingredients in at once) and add 2 tbsp avocado oil. If you don’t have a large enough skillet, you can cook the shrimp and sausage separately and then add them to the veggies and mix once the veggies have cooked down some.
- Add the shrimp, sausage and all of the vegetables to the skillet and toss to mix so everything gets coated in a bit of oil.
- Pour in the seasoning mixture and mix to coat everything. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 12-15 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked and the vegetables are tender and cooked to your liking. If the vegetables are starting to soften and the shrimp isn’t cooked yet, you can cover the skillet for a few minutes to help cook the shrimp. As the veggies cook, they’ll release some liquid. You can leave it in the pan or carefully drain some off if you’d like.
- Once everything is cooked to your liking, serve and enjoy.
Soooo good delish flavor mix 👍
My husband and I made this for the first time tonight. It’s amazing! We are going to add it to our regular rotation and can’t wait to try more of your recipes. Thanks!
We’re so happy to hear it was a hit! Thanks so much for trying our recipe and coming back to share! We can’t wait to hear what you think of whatever you try next! Keep us posted. 🙂
So delicious! I was drawing a blank on what to make for dinner when I saw this recipe. So happy I found it! I’ve been wanting to add more fiber and protein into my diet and this did that and tasted amazing!
Perfect timing! We’re so glad you enjoyed it! 🙂
Yummm. So full of flavor. Delicious!
Thanks for trying the recipe and we’re so glad you liked it!