This spaghetti squash alfredo recipe is easy to make and so flavorful! The shrimp and broccoli make it filling and satisfying, but the real winner here is the creamy, dairy free alfredo sauce! We used cashews as the base for the sauce and some seasonings to make it taste cheesy.
Is spaghetti squash low carb?
Yes, spaghetti squash is a great low carb “pasta” substitute! In a one cup serving of cooked spaghetti squash, there is under 8 net carbs.
The squash comes out of the shell in strands like pasta. It has a mild flavor and takes on the flavors of whatever you serve it with, making it a great way to enjoy comfort food much healthier.
Cooking spaghetti squash in the oven
We typically roast our spaghetti squash in the oven. We like the flavor best roasted and it’s an easy thing to get going while you prep the rest of the dish. Here is how we bake our spaghetti squash.
- Slice the squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds.
- Place open side down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Transfer to the oven and bake at 400° for about 25 minutes, until tender but not mushy.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool enough to handle.
- Use a fork to pull the noodles out of the shell.
What do you need to make Dairy Free, Vegan alfredo sauce
We make this Vegan Alfredo Sauce all the time! We use it as a sauce in recipes like this spaghetti squash alfredo. And we also use it as a sauce for pizza, to top bowl meals made with leftovers and even to dip veggies in.
It’s so versatile and made with simple ingredients. Here’s what you need.
- Lemon juice
- Raw cashews
- Nutritional yeast
- Garlic powder
- Ground pepper
- Sea salt
You just throw it all in a high powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy!
Some other spaghetti squash recipe to try
- SPAGHETTI SQUASH CARBONARA
- CREAMY GARLIC SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
- HEALTHY BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- SPAGHETTI PIZZA CASSEROLE
- TACO STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH
Time to try this easy shrimp and broccoli spaghetti squash alfredo
Go ahead and give this recipe a try for a healthy version of pasta and alfredo sauce. Then, come back and leave a rating/review below to let us know how it went.
And take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, so we can check it out! We love to see what you’re making!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy Shrimp + Broccoli Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and place open face down on the lined baking sheet. Transfer to oven and bake for 25 minutes, until tender but not mushy.
- While the squash bakes, make alfredo sauce. Place all of the sauce ingredients in your blender in the order listed and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Line another baking sheet with parchment paper and spread broccoli florets on it in an even layer. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon avocado oil and season with a couple big pinches each of salt and pepper. When the squash has about 10-15 minutes left, add broccoli to the oven to bake. You'll want to bake to your preferred tenderness. We like ours to retain a little crisp.
- Also while the squash is cooking, pat shrimp dry and season with chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper to coat.
- When the squash is done, remove both the squash and broccoli from the oven, flip the squash over to face up and cool down a bit.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to the pan. Once hot, add shrimp to pan. Cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes. Flip, season with more salt and pepper and continue cooking for a few more minutes until it's cooked through and pink in color.
- Once shrimp is done, turn off stove and put it all together. Scoop squash out of skin with a fork to make noodles and place in a bowl. Add shrimp and broccoli and drizzle with sauce. Enjoy.