Fall off the bone chicken thighs slathered with Jamaican jerk seasoning and sauce, all in the slow cooker! This easy slow cooker jerk chicken recipe gives you authentic jerk chicken flavors without all the time and effort.
An easy jerk chicken recipe
We are all about recipes that deliver big flavor with very little work. While this recipe does call for searing the chicken thighs before putting them in the slow cooker, it’s still a simple recipe with minimal prep.
All you do is:
- Make the simple jerk chicken seasoning
- Sear the chicken thighs
- Whisk to combine the sauce ingredients
- Throw everything in the slow cooker!
Fall apart crock pot jerk chicken
The best part about this chicken is how tender and fall apart it becomes in the crock pot or slow cooker. You don’t have to cook it all day either! We recommend cooking this on high to get the best flavor and texture and it will be ready in only 3 hours.
The jerk chicken will be:
- Pull off the bone tender
- Perfectly blackened and seasoned
Why jerk chicken thighs?
We think that using bone-in, skin on chicken thighs will give you the best flavor for this recipe. We love the char you get on the skin when searing the thighs. Plus, thighs have a some extra fat (compared to chicken breasts) so they don’t dry out at all when cooking.
Easy, homemade jerk chicken seasoning
You might think that jerk chicken seasoning is a hard or elaborate mix that’s only for the culinary professionals. That’s not the case at all! With some basic seasonings from your pantry, you can have authentic tasting jerk chicken flavors.
The key spices are:
- Cayenne (optional)
You’ll love how easy it is to throw together a jerk chicken seasoning to slather all over this chicken!
More healthy slow cooker chicken thighs
- INSTANT POT HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN
- EASY HARISSA CHICKEN RECIPE
- CHICKEN TINGA
- BBQ PULLED CHICKEN
- CROCKPOT CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP
Your turn to try this easy jerk chicken
Get this easy slow cooker jerk chicken recipe on your meal plan ASAP! The whole family will love the authentic flavors and tender, juicy chicken thighs.
If you try the recipe, be sure to add a comment and rating below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram and tag us @realsimplegood. We love to see it when you make our recipes!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Fall-off-the-Bone Tender Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken
- 2 lbs (907.18 g) bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) ghee, (or other cooking oil)
- 1/4 cup (60 g) coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup (58.75 g) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) molasses, (optional, omit for Whole30 and Keto) For Keto, you can use a small amount of alternative sweetener like stevia if desired.
- 1 (1) lime, juice of
For the seasoning mix
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) allspice
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) cumin
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) sage
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) thyme
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) sea salt
- 1/4 tsp (1/4 tsp) cayenne pepper
- Make the seasoning by adding all of the seasoning ingredients to a small bowl or jar and mixing. Rub the seasoning mix on both sides of the chicken.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add ghee. Once hot, add in the chicken, skin side down to cook undisturbed for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for another 2-3 minutes. Transfer chicken to the slow cooker.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the coconut aminos, chicken broth, lime juice and molasses to a small bowl. Whisk to mix.
- Pour the broth mixture in with the chicken. Place the lid on the slow cooker and set to cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Carefully remove the chicken and serve. If desired, pour some of the juices from the slow cooker over the chicken when serving.