Why you’ll love these Traeger pork chops
- An easy beginner smoker recipe, this is truly a no-fail method to follow for smoked pork chops.
- The reverse sear at the end gives you the look of grilled pork chops with all the smoky flavor.
- The simple seasoning gives you fantastic flavor and the chops turn out so nice and juicy.
These are amazing. My family loves them. Very easy to make and pretty well cook themselves. Definitely recommend them.GP
How to make pork chops on a smoker (step-by-step)
This is truly a no-fail method to follow for smoked pork chops.
- First, heat your Traeger (or any smoker/wood pellet grill) to 225° Fahrenheit. Then, follow these steps:
- This recipe works best with thick cut, bone in pork chops. If you use thin cut or boneless, reduce the smoking time as noted in the recipe.
- For the reverse sear step, find the hottest part of your grill and do a very quick sear. I’ve found that this is the very back of my Traeger grill.
- If you don’t want to use the homemade seasoning, just sprinkle on your favorite seasoning mix.
- I prefer them without BBQ sauce, but if you want to add some, just brush it on before you do the reverse sear (step #6).
- Don’t overcook your pork chops! They will turn out rubbery and tough. Use an instant read thermometer and pull them when they reach an internal temp of 140° in the thickest section.
Which Traeger Pellets To Use For Smoked Pork Chops
Really any blend of pellets will work for this recipe, but my favorites are:
- Hickory – More of a bold, assertive flavor that pairs well with the homemade pork chop seasoning.
- Apple – Have a subtle touch of fruitiness that goes well any pork.
- Cherry – A hearty pellet that stands up to the flavor of any meat and is great for grilling.
Why not try them all and let us know your favorite in the comments below?
What to Serve With Smoked Pork Chops
Need more ideas? Check out this listing of 10 Healthy BBQ Sides!
Your Turn To Try These Wood Pellet Smoked Pork Chops
Fire up your Traeger or any pellet grill smoker and give this delicious pork chop recipe a try. You’ll be amazed by the flavor and how easy this recipe is to cook to perfection.
If you try it, be sure to leave a rating and comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, we love to see what you’re cooking!
Easy Traeger Smoked Pork Chops (Reverse Sear)
- 2 Bone in pork chops, (about 1 inch thick)
- Preheat smoker to 225° Fahrenheit
- Prepare the pork chop seasoning by adding all of the seasoning ingredients to a small jar and mixing well.
- Add a generous amount of seasoning to both sides of each pork chop.
- Transfer pork chops to the smoker. Smoke for 90 minutes. NOTE: This is for thick pork chops (around 1 inch or thicker). For thinner chops, smoke them for about 60 minutes and continue with the next steps.
- Remove the pork chops from the smoker and turn the heat up to high (about 450°). Let it heat up until it reaches high heat (10-15 minutes).
- Reverse sear – Once the smoker grill is at high heat, add the pork chops back on to sear quickly on both sides. Ensure they have reached an internal temperature of at least 140°.
- Remove pork chops from smoker and allow them to rest for 10 minutes before serving. They will continue to cook to 145° while resting.
- Nutrition facts are per serving and an estimate provided for those following a Ketogenic or low-carb diet. See our full nutrition information disclosure here.