On the table in under 30 minutes and bursting with flavor, this Paleo, Keto + Whole30 egg roll in a bowl is sure to be a new favorite you add to your regular rotation. Gut healthy bone broth and apple cider vinegar are used in the sauce along with coconut aminos and seasonings, and the rest of the bowl is filled with shallot, garlic, cruciferous veggies, green onion and ground pork. This bright, cheerful low carb egg roll in a bowl is easy to make and delicious.
Better In A Bowl
Of course, my preference is to eat pretty much all my meals out of a bowl. This egg roll in a bowl is therefore checking off a lot of boxes – high on flavor, super quick and easy to make and served in a bowl. What more do you really need? I mean, really?
Tips For Quick Prep
We are always looking for shortcuts and ways to make prep lighter and less time consuming. One of our favorite ways is to buy pre-chopped coleslaw and cruciferous veggies at Trader Joe’s. They have organic options for both the coleslaw and cruciferous mixes. The coleslaw is pretty straight forward – shredded cabbage and carrots. The cruciferous mix has purple and green cabbage, kale, brussels sprouts and broccoli. All the work is done for you, and you just have to add the veggies into the skillet.
Pork, Chicken Or Turkey
This egg roll in a bowl calls for ground pork, but if pork isn’t your thing no biggie. You can easily use ground chicken or turkey instead. We like the extra bit of savory flavor you get with the pork, but either chicken or turkey will do the trick and take on the flavors of the sauce.
Some Other Quick + Easy Recipes To Try
Your Turn To Try Our Egg Roll In A Bowl
Whether your life is crazy this time of year and you desperately need quick and easy meals to make or you just want a tasty bowl meal, make this egg roll in a bowl! Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, and give us a follow if you don’t already! We’d love to stay connected!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Egg Roll in a Bowl (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
For the sauce:
For the bowl:
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups coleslaw mix + cruciferous salad mix (shredded cabbage & carrots - can use a 14oz pre-shredded bag or shred your own. We also added some of the cruciferous mix from Trader Joe's as well.)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb ground pork (can sub ground chicken, beef, or turkey)
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds (optional topping)
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Chop shallot, garlic, and green onions as noted.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium high heat and add in sesame oil. Once hot, add in shallot and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in ground pork. Break the pork into bits and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pork is cooked and has formed some brown crispy bits on the pieces.
- Once the pork is cooked, add in the coleslaw and/or cruciferous veggie mix and green onions. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the veggies begin to soften. Turn heat to low.
- Add in the sauce to the skillet. Mix everything together well and cook for a few minutes or until the cabbage is cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and serve. Top with optional sesame seeds.