Have you ever used parsnips in place of potatoes? We do, pretty often! These fries are a great potato-free remake. Garlic and rosemary are one of our favorite flavor combinations, and these garlic rosemary fries are a tasty side with just about any protein.
Have you ever been to a Seahawks football game? Well, if you have, you know they serve garlic fries that you can smell from a mile away. It’s torture if someone in the near vicinity gets them because it means you will surrender. They smell way too good, and who could really resist?! Well, that is how our house smells after making these….mission accomplished!
You’ll want to make sure you cut the parsnips in smaller, like-sized pieces, similar to shoestring fries. This will help them to cook evenly and crisp up nicely.
If you try out this recipe, let us know what you think by leaving a comment below and adding a rating. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram #realsimplegood so we can check it out!
Garlic Rosemary Parsnip Fries
- 1-2 large parsnips (or 2-4 smaller ones)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (we didn't use it but grass-fed butter would be yummy too)
- 3-6 cloves of garlic - chopped (we used 6 because we are garlic fanatics)
- 1 tbsp rosemary - chopped (fresh if you have it, it makes such a difference)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Cut you parsnips into small shoestring pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the fries with avocado oil and toss until they are coated.
- Add the garlic and rosemary to your bowl and continue tossing until everything is combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the fries out on your baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 15-20 and then take them out to toss the fries around a bit.
- Place them back in the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until they reach your desired crispiness.